Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reasons, to me, are real simple. There are thousands of tournament anglers in Michigan. Not all anglers want to travel, they don't have the same goals in their fishing careers, not all anglers have weekends to fish, not all anglers have equal amounts of money and finally there are many anglers who work 6 days a week.

In many cases, we will have anglers fish our $60.00 week night trail, our $100.00 Franklin trail and our $175.00 East Michigan trail. We also will have guys leave the $175.00 trail to fish the $100.00 trail. I also know that there isn't a thing I could do to have some of the anglers come fish with me. I started my trails with the idea....Take care of the anglers , NOT take from the anglers. We will continue with ideas and new ways of doing business. Many of "OUR" ideas are currently being utilized in other trails and we are using other trails ideas. Our goal? To make tournament angling in Michigan an enjoyable one with memories and warm fuzzy wuzzies! (No, I ain't hugin or kissin nobody! Ya'll go elsewhere if you want that!)

Take care and we'll see you soon.

Doug

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
1: Shouldn't this be on the Tournament Talk forum?

2: What's the issue? Did I miss something?

I hope this isn't because I tried to discourage a new circuit? I didn't mean anything about any existing circuits, just no more new ones that will just add to the 'load.'

Existing circuits either make it because they do things right and fill a niche, or they don't make it.

There are ways to have some more tournaments and not add to the load, but most new circuits come in to already crowded lakes and bump heads with those already out there. I just personally think we don't need more of that right now.

I'd like to see more tournaments and a longer tournament season of course. It's just not in the cards right now.

While other states are building new, high-tech 'tournament' ramps/facilities, Michigan is practically the opposite. We need to do something about that. We need to figure out what we can control and do our best with that and figure out how to change enough of the attitudes and perceptions to swing things our way. I think about that a lot!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy have I been away for a long time. I knew they were going to put a "Tournament Talk" section on the board and had I known, I would have posted there.

Dan, The post had nothing to do with what you posted. Anglers called and had many questions of the who, what, where, when and why's. They still are and I really can't give info that isn't 100% done. I have no idea of what you were talking about in reguards to a new trail as I have no info on them. I really can't worry about things that I have no control over, I need to worry about GNT. I hope your home was filled with the holiday spirit and we wish you all the best in the year 2003.

Ed, yeah I'm back! Working full time is a heck of a lot better than sitting at home! How's the family? Has that nervous twitch from fishing withdrawl gone away yet? Hope you had a great Holiday and I can't wait for the season to start.

Mini, are you going to be at BPS Saturday? If so, bring the numbers so I can pay for the membership for the both of you. I'll talk to you later.

Doug

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I will be there and I have my BASS card in my wallet. Don will be working the Silverdome show and is going to do his best to be there.

I will be strolling in around 10:30 am.

See you there.

Mini

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be working that day but I plan I using all my breaks and lunch time to be there. How long does these meetings typically last?

Doug

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
First one Doug....I dont know what to expect. I have to leave fairly early to get out to Bellevilee and chat with Seth @ South Street.

Mini

1 - 8 of 8 Posts