Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anchored at poorman's yesterday. And the wind was howling. It was sunny and warm and the water was nice. Mark352 came and rafted with us, which was a challenge with the wind. Saw Gary454, who was kind enough to help with our forward anchor when it was time to go. Thanks again Gary! And even saw Jsclark. Jason was playin hide-and-go-seek with his dog.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wind was brutal out at the moot, small crowd out there . . . first time I beat my buddy with all his 800HP back to the Marina, there were some nice 5'+ rollers in the middle of the lake!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Yeah, the wind sure did kick up yesterday. But, that's what moved that weather front past us, so it was worth it.

Definitely a day for an aggressive approach to the dock!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 29 2009, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, the wind sure did kick up yesterday. But, that's what moved that weather front past us, so it was worth it.

Definately but I hit it the first time without a hitch thanks to my loving bride

Sorry I was crabby

·
Registered
166 Posts
wind was brutal.....very organized leaving the moot.....well our group anyway.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Jun 29 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 29 2009, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, the wind sure did kick up yesterday. But, that's what moved that weather front past us, so it was worth it.

Definately but I hit it the first time without a hitch thanks to my loving bride

Sorry I was crabby

Still having to suck-up after last week's comments?
j/k!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
thanks for the raft up mike and char
was nice at poor mans
the ride home was great water coming over the top big rollers Brianna and I were having a ball
Camille was a screamin

docking went really good I enjoyed the challange

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I was in St Clair yesterday, the river was flat, except for the waves from big boats. When I got to Algonac, the North Channel was rocking & rolling.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We were out at the moot too....near the hook.

My umbrella was spinning in circles (make shift).

The ride home (to the crocker launch) in my 19ft SUCKED BIG TIME

Did all of 12 knots. My back and my brain are both screaming......

WTF were you thinking..............................................

·
&quot;Commodore of the ToT LoT&quot;
2,809 Posts
The XO's actually ventured back into Fisher's Bay yesterday. There was enough water all the way to Doty Highway where we tucked in out of the wind. Had a GREAT relaxing day!!

Cheers!!

XO

Attachments

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jun 29 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We were out at the moot too....near the hook.

My umbrella was spinning in circles (make shift).

The ride home (to the crocker launch) in my 19ft SUCKED BIG TIME

Did all of 12 knots. My back and my brain are both screaming......

WTF were you thinking..............................................
We held a course leaving the moot straight into the wind to keep everyone some what dry then up and around to Selfridge ramp. We seen a 19 or so heading back towards crocker but still about 4 miles out doing about 12 knots around 7pm.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have all the confus in my captain. on being a CRAB knock it off before your knocked in to next weekend no repeats

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Sargent @ Jun 29 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have all the confus in my captain. on being a CRAB knock it off before your knocked in to next weekend no repeats

WTH is confus?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
QUOTE(mark352 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the ride home was great water coming over the top big rollers Brianna and I were having a ball
Camille was a screamin

I think the best part is when Mom got soaked with the first huge wave to come over the side into our boat.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 29 2009, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Saw Gary454, who was kind enough to help with our forward anchor when it was time to go. Thanks again Gary!

No problem!! Although, for a minute, I thought Char was going to take me barefoot skiing!!

Thanks to you and Mark for helping my friends out....

Nice to get a chance to meet a few of you peoples here.

We got SOAKED on the way home!!! I was coming off those rollers out there, cross wind, and it just carried a wall of water into the boat. Had everyone giggling all the way home!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yep that wind was a treat... especially coming back into MacRays. First try not to get blindsided by one of the Windsurfers traveling at 60 knots
and then "crab walking" the boat through the channel until we got behind the breakwall.... all part of the 'experience' I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts