Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recomendations on brand and where thier available.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I picked up mine 2 seasons ago from Costco. I saved approx $30 for 2 batteries over West Marine's price.
So far I am completely happy with them.

oh, another thing.. they don't take your old ones back so they won't charge a core charge.. but West Marine gladly took my old ones. they probably get a couple of dollars for the core, but I didn't want them laying around.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I only use Die Hard or Delco in any of my vehicles personally. Diehard from Sears and Delco from Murry's or K-mart or wherever. Make sure their marine rv obviously.

·
12,052 Posts
I bought DEKA from Jetcrafts Unlimited in New Baltimore for mine. Good price and amp rating.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have been using and selling vita-plate batteries for over 20 years, they rate there batterys at cca cold cranking amps not hca hot cranking amps... like most of your automotive style batterys that put a marine label on them... depending on your requiremants vita plate makes a battery for your needs.. i have several customers that have enjoyed well over 6 years of service and still going strong..
you get what you pay for with a vita plate!
no core charge and they do pick up the old ones

i can be reached at 586 468-8076
clinton river marina

·
Registered
896 Posts
I swear by gell batteries. The current ones are seven years old and still going strong. They're pricey, but I think they're worth it. No matter how careful I tried to be, I always seemed to trash a pair of jeans every time I handled the conventional batteries. Available at West Marine.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I may two of them and try them. I am sick of mine leaking and all the maintenance crap that goes along with the current ones I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts