Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the input on the motels I found the Lakeview motel for 53.00 a night. I saw the wind is supposed to be around 11 miles per hour thurs and fri. I have a 2006 Lowe bass boat, its not a deep one just flat. Will this work OK to fish anchor bay and maybe out as far as grassy island? THanks for the help, its greatly appreciated. Rusty

·
Registered
739 Posts
It probably would help to know the length and the size motor. My dad has a 17 foot G3 jonboat style bassboat with a 90 horse motor, we fished the mile roads last spring on a pretty windy day and the boat handled the weather (wind) just fine. I think more so than the wind (if it's not a crazy wind speed like 20mph+ sustained) you need to worry about the waves created by the tuna boats. Its much more difficult to be on the water in that type of boat when the lake is busy. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
11 mph is nothing. Shouldn't be a huge deal. This weekend, your main issue will be other boats, and traffic-generated chop.

How large is your boat?

·
Registered
198 Posts
QUOTE(Eric C. @ Jul 1 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It probably would help to know the length and the size motor. My dad has a 17 foot G3 jonboat style bassboat with a 90 horse motor, we fished the mile roads last spring on a pretty windy day and the boat handled the weather (wind) just fine. I think more so than the wind (if it's not a crazy wind speed like 20mph+ sustained) you need to worry about the waves created by the tuna boats. Its much more difficult to be on the water in that type of boat when the lake is busy. Just my $.02.

Sorry guys, I was running out the door and posted too little info earlier. Its a 17.5 with a 89" beam and 50horse motor. I was hoping the lake wouldn't be crazy busy with the overcast. We will be putting in at Brandenburg park or the dnr ramp on the north. Are the muskies or pike doing anything with this weather pattern? Thanks again for the help fellas. Rusty

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Rusty, have you launched at Brandenburg before? It's pretty shallow there, not sure how bad it is this year with the higher water levels, but I tried launching a 19 foot Starcraft with a V hull there and just barely made it. Hall Rd might be a better choice?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You should be fine to launch at Brandenburg and you should be fine to fish tomorrow and Friday in Anchor Bay. Mile Roads might be a different story. Still, I would expect 2 footers from boat traffic alone, not counting the wind.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I launched with my 16' deep V starcraft this year at bburg, and ended up gettin stuck in the mud, same as last year...its not deep at all...so tilt the motor up if you can and roll out. Id rather launch @ fair haven or algonac...or even Selfridge...as its not too far either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts