Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,946 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 22 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not that it's useful info, but there isn't a breath of wind here in Livonia.

Stayed on the boat last night woke up @ 6, wind was 'breezzy' (we all know if it is breezy in the morning, it usually pikcs up as the day goes on) Came to the office here in Troy and there is NO WIND here..Just FYI

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(JEFF YACHT CLUB @ Aug 22 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 22 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not that it's useful info, but there isn't a breath of wind here in Livonia.

Stayed on the boat last night woke up @ 6, wind was 'breezzy' (we all know if it is breezy in the morning, it usually pikcs up as the day goes on) Came to the office here in Troy and there is NO WIND here..Just FYI

Recently, listening to current marine conditions, the winds were 5 in Port Huron, calm at Grosse Ile, and 28 in Mount Clemens. Can you guess to which place I was closest?

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Heads up !! it looks and sounds like they are starting their warm up runs !

Several just flew over !

Its windy....fo sho....but...if you're heading out to the base.....DRESS WARMLY and bring layers....

it is frikken COLD OUT THERE !!! that wind is something else...and on the air field watching from your chairs and whatnot...I'm sure you'll feel it BIG TIME !

We are going to look at some property out that way and maybe stop by.
Since its free parking and admission...might as well....and if it's too cold...we can boogie...

right after we locate our posse

·
Registered
322 Posts
Started out for Cedar Pointe Thursday early afternoon... Got about 4 miles from the Marina & turned
back.. 3's & 4's on lake st. claire could only imagine what lake erie would produce... Started out again yesterday at 8:00 AM again for Cedar Pointe same results turned back a mile or so into lake erie. LSC was pushing 2-3's with an occasional 4 mixed in.. Got into lake erie with 5's & ????? to rough for my 27 footer to risk.. We would have made it but it would have taken another 4 or so hours to get there... As it turned out we motored for 4 1/2 hours & 3/4 tank of gas... Kinda felt like I was in a Gilligans Island sequel...

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Aug 22 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Started out for Cedar Pointe Thursday early afternoon... Got about 4 miles from the Marina & turned
back.. 3's & 4's on lake st. claire could only imagine what lake erie would produce... Started out again yesterday at 8:00 AM again for Cedar Pointe same results turned back a mile or so into lake erie. LSC was pushing 2-3's with an occasional 4 mixed in.. Got into lake erie with 5's & ????? to rough for my 27 footer to risk.. We would have made it but it would have taken another 4 or so hours to get there... As it turned out we motored for 4 1/2 hours & 3/4 tank of gas... Kinda felt like I was in a Gilligans Island sequel...

I don't blame you one bit for turning around! Lake Evil is nothing to mess with! My friends were sailing on LSC yesterday & got beat up pretty bad. They lost their rudder & had to get towed in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.