Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Capt'n Chris - LakeStClair.net
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this winters labor of love.

This is a photo of myself and my little helper (Aiden) washing my Yamaha R1.

Look closely and you'll notice a shinny frame on the motorcycle trying to peak thru. After 6+ weekends of sanding, more sanding, and even still more sanding, (oh yea.... and a LOT of beer) I've finally got the frame broken down enough to start polishing. I hope to have the polishing done this weekend, and the bike back together next week.

If anyone out there is even considering doing this to your motorcycle or aluminum details on your boat... pay someone to do it. Only $800.00 for a motorcycle frame. Its 300% more work, and more difficult, than I could have even imagine. But holy smokes.... does it look sweet when your done. I'm glad I did it, but never again.

Capt'n Chris

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
VERY kewl Chris!! That's a definite labor of love, to do all that work. There's quite a few LSCNers that are bikers. We should organize a fun run just like the off shores are doing! Or maybe just all meet on a Saturday and go for a ride together!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Who are those people? Oh yeah.... I remember!!! Looks good!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Bitchin' crotch rocket!

·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shandog, good question... the milk man isn't blond?

Actually amie and I were both blond as kids.

damn yankee, lets ride. I have 2 crotch rockets, even if I don't get big red together this weekend... I can still ride.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Apr 12 2004, 07:23 PM)VERY kewl Chris!! That's a definite labor of love, to do all that work. There's quite a few LSCNers that are bikers. We should organize a fun run just like the off shores are doing! Or maybe just all meet on a Saturday and go for a ride together!

Sounds like a plan. My bike needs a good cleaning as well, otherwise it's ready to go.

Pick a warm day.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
handsome men!!!
and the bike ain't bad either!

·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cadmonkey,

The picture show was just taken after sanding. I haven't actually gotten to the polishing part yet. It shines really nice just after the sanding, so I can't wait to see what it looks like after polishing.

I'll start another thread for a bike ride... I'm thinking April 24th.
That will give everyone this weekend to prep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts