Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
To keep your boat from getting that musty winter boat smell...... Put a few drops of wintergreen oil (from a drug store) on a cotton ball or two, pending boat size, and place it in a glass container.

Also you can place a few containers with cat litter in it
in the head, and area to prevent mildew smell for long storage periods.

To prevent dampness in lockers place charcoal briquettes
in a plastic container, punch holes in the lid.
you can also use a dozen pcs of large chalk.

CLEANING ECT....
stubborn stains on fiberglass, you can remove them with coke. if it doesn't work you can mix in a little salt (for abrassive) and rinse thoroughly

Polish stainless easy
Rub on a mix of alcohol and kerosene with a soft rag

Polish chrome easy
Use vinegar or window cleaner or ammonia

Brass cleaning
Tarn-x works well
as does a half cup of vinegar and mix in 1 tablespoon of salt. what are you doing with brass on your boat anyways? leave the brass for sailboaters...lol

Windows Windows....
Wash with a cup of amonia, a cup of white vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to a five gallon bucket of warm water. After glass has dried use a blackboard eraser, or soft cloth to buff to a nice shine.

WOOD WORK
to come later......

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEAD
To keep your head from smelling overbearing, it may help in addition to your blue stuff, pour baking soda and warm water in the head.

Rust stains
Will usually come of if you rub the surface with a lemon.

WOOD
Teak looking old, weathered.
Try using Penetrol, the oil of olay for lumber.

G

·
I put a few dryer sheets around the cuddy and it really keeps the musty smell away. I open up the cuddy up in the spring and it smells awesome.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 29 2003, 05:38 PM)I put a few dryer sheets around the cuddy and it really keeps the musty smell away. I open up the cuddy up in the spring and it smells awesome.
Keeps spiders away, too

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Oct 29 2003, 11:03 AM)Eddie~Martha~Stewart

DOH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts