Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I wish someone had a list like this for my jetboat. I'm going to attempt to winterize it myself this year.
Yeah, I know. I've seen it done so many years, I mean how hard can it be??

OK, is mouse seed a real thing, or is that a joke? Why would you want to plant mouse seed & grow mouses? I hear ya about crying like a baby.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 3 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is this about like yours?

View attachment 67381

Hi: There is no reason for putting antifreeze into your fresh water tank! If the tank is empty or at least mostly empty....freezing of the residual water in the tank will NOT damage anthing. You will never get rid of the antifreeze residue if you put it in the water tank. Best regards, DON

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a couple questions on mice and damprid.

I bought a big damprid bucket and wanted to know where everyone puts these. Do you just put them down below, or do you put one in the cockpit also?

What do you put on there for mice? Is this really a bad problem, or a "just in case" kind of thing. Do most people just put some poison on there?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Oct 12 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a couple questions on mice and damprid.

I bought a big damprid bucket and wanted to know where everyone puts these. Do you just put them down below, or do you put one in the cockpit also?

What do you put on there for mice? Is this really a bad problem, or a "just in case" kind of thing. Do most people just put some poison on there?
Good questions.

My plan is to place damprid in the cabin, near the helm, and in the bilge.

I already placed the bag-type in the cabin, set in a bowl to contain any condensed water. Plan to place the other two after I dry out the bilge (forgot the shop vac yesterday).

Hemmed and hawed about leaving the cabin door open or closed. Decided on closed, since it's going to be inside.

I figure it can't hurt to place rodent poison out, so why not. I also purchased a cheap furnace filter (think scotch brite pad), and used it to fill easy paths in from the swim platform. Figure it will still pass air (and God forbid, water), and maybe discourage unwanteds.

View attachment 67682

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Oct 12 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way AP, that is a depressing avatar. Although we are high and dry also.
Yeah, sorry. Although, at the moment I'm feeling more relieved than sad. I'm sure that won't last.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 12 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Oct 12 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way AP, that is a depressing avatar. Although we are high and dry also.
Yeah, sorry. Although, at the moment I'm feeling more relieved than sad. I'm sure that won't last.

I too hit a certain point in the year where I just want to get it out, winterized, paid for, etc. So I too am relieved once its done.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Away Point,
Great list, and that transom door looks like your ready for winter.
I am not sure how much detail you list for the engine. I remove the spark plugs and fog the cylinders.
I also spray the engine electrical connections with Boeshield T9, and the electrical side of the control panel/instrument panel.
I use predator urine to keep little critters away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts