Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there another name for it?I cant find any info on it.
I heard from a friend of a friend that it was a good bass lake.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
927 Posts
its in gladwin county, thats all i can come up with.

maybe that will help you more in your search. i know hot spots sells a map for wixom lake.

i also know that ABA, a member on this board, has fished it many times. if he sees this post, he will give you plenty of info.

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Wixom Lake is located on the Titabawasee River just north of Sanford Lake.

Wixom Lake is home to some very good Smallmouth and Largemouth bass fishing.

What time of year do you plan on fishing it?

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Desi,

Are you fishing with the ABA?

The ABA will be there on July 25...

If you go to this link http://www.americanbassangler.com/district...p?district=d007

Click on the #339 next to the name of the lake ...... I will be posting directions in there shortly. So just keep a look out.

Basically Wixom Lake Launch is north of US 10 just off of M30. Near Edenville. So take US10 to M30 go north to Edenville. The Launch is located on the West side o M30 on a side road. There are signs.

Here are some local bait shops that can give you some information on the lake and the name of the side road its on.

Sanford Sport Shop 989-687-5161

Wixom Lake Bait 989-689-5005

BLF Sports 989-426-4880

Don's Party Store 989-435-8318

Good Luck and Have fun.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I water ski up there all the time during the summer. It is a nice lake. Gets very heavy traffic on the weekends and the lake is not very wide though.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It's a reservoir, so fish reservoir structure in the end of July. Two arms - the Tobacco River arm on the West and Tittabawassee arm on the East.

Stumps and weeds are major cover. Docks are major shallow cover. Consider the channel, creeks and ditches as key areas to fish good cover around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts