Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been bitching at me A LOT lately because I've been fishing all the time & not doing anything around the house. I decided to stay home this morning to work on the honey do list. I get up & make breakfast & as we're all sitting down to eat my son cops a tude & is being disrespectful to me so I have a few choice words for him & the wife says to me (with a tude), "I thought you were going fishing today? Why are you still here?"

I can't win for trying.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
So you went fishing right?

· Registered
267 Posts
Hey Zib I feel your pain, my wife complains I didnt use the boat enough last year to using it too much this year. Even after getting most of the never ending honey do list done. Some days you just cant win. Some days your the statue, some days your the pigeion.
. My boat has been in dry dock all week getting some repairs done should be ready the first part of this week. Time to get in the dog house again.

· Registered
948 Posts
YEah I got told if you get a boat just make sure and use it......LOL. Now she complains that i use it too much or as of late if I get on the lake with without her!
There have been times that she's said "you can go by yourself if you want too"...... Oh chit is the first thing that pops in my mind on that one. I want to go but I have to decide if the BS I'll catch behind it is worth it.

Yup women!

· LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,205 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 23 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife has been bitching at me A LOT lately because I've been fishing all the time & not doing anything around the house. I decided to stay home this morning to work on the honey do list. I get up & make breakfast & as we're all sitting down to eat my son cops a tude & is being disrespectful to me so I have a few choice words for him & the wife says to me (with a tude), "I thought you were going fishing today? Why are you still here?"

I can't win for trying.

Thats just plain old funny right there
My wife does not bother me about fishing as long as my responsibilities are taken care of. So you did go fishing like Edalz ask right?

· Registered
88 Posts
lmao, I thought I was the only one!! wow, there should be a suppoert club for married fishermen!!!!! I get chewed on no matter what....last night I cleaned the house, made dinner, did all my house work, and still got ripped for wanting to take HER AND the kids out! almost got in the truck and left to go out by my-damn-self!

"women, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em" Tom Arnold

· Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 23 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So you went fishing right?

Nope, I just laid around the house most of the day watching TV.
I did clean the bathroom & grilled some steaks & baked potatoes. My dog got lippy with me when we were eating because he wanted the table scraps NOW. The dumb dog didn't get any from me & the wife called me an A-hole for not giving him the scraps.

· Registered
547 Posts
Don't sweat it, it's all part of the game, try to laugh when there gettin under your skin, that usually shuts em up, tho I'm pretty lucky, my wife never bitches about fishing unless I come home burnt without dinner, like my buddy Pete always said,

" If I'd just killed her the first time I thought about it, I'd already be out on parole"

Just kiddin honey, I haven't heard from him for a while, I should give him a call.

· Registered
948 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 23 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 23 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So you went fishing right?

Nope, I just laid around the house most of the day watching TV.
I did clean the bathroom & grilled some steaks & baked potatoes. My dog got lippy with me when we were eating because he wanted the table scraps NOW. The dumb dog didn't get any from me & the wife called me an A-hole for not giving him the scraps.

LOL! Sum days it bes dat way!

· Registered
10,315 Posts
I never said Honey can I go fishing------> It was Honey I'm going fishing.

h2o

· Registered
3,723 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 23 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife has been bitching at me A LOT lately because I've been fishing all the time & not doing anything around the house. I decided to stay home this morning to work on the honey do list. I get up & make breakfast & as we're all sitting down to eat my son cops a tude & is being disrespectful to me so I have a few choice words for him & the wife says to me (with a tude), "I thought you were going fishing today? Why are you still here?"

I can't win for trying.

..and probably viciously calculated into the no-win/no-win situation for you.
Damn them!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.