Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Women

4K views 77 replies 30 participants last post by  Dookie 
#1 ·
Maybe the ladies of the group can help me.

Why is it when you want something from your man you don't want to ask? Why do they have to figure it out for themselves and when they get it wrong you crazy women get mad?

I am so tired of hearing "you should have known" I tell her if you need anything or if I should know something, just tell me.
I hate playing games. But, in chick psychology I'm supposed to be a mind reader and know what you need without you telling me. Maybe I need to enroll in the psychic class or something. <_<
Thanks for letting me vent.

#3 ·
Go to the bar or up north with your friends fishing, get a vac away. Sometimes space helps. If not get a new one that communicates better. And doesn’t yell at you.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(soosassy @ Feb 2 2004, 11:51 AM)Depend on what she wants, are you talking materialistic or what she wants from you emotionally?
Emotionally.

i.e.- Let's set up the scenerio. Last wednesday she had surgery and is still in pain.

Jason: "Hey, I'm going to go over your brothers for a while. Do you care?"

Theresa: "No, go ahead"

3 hours later I come home.

Jason: "Hi"

Theresa: "Hi
"

Jason: "What's wrong?"

Theresa: "You were gone so long. You knew I needed help and needed to eat."

Jason: "I fed you before I left."

Theresa: "Yeah, but I need to eat something with my pills" (So, they don't upset her stomach)

Jason: "I was 2 blocks away, Why didn't you call me"

Theresa: "You should have known I needed help"

Jason: "What's wrong with calling me? I would have come home."

Theresa: "I'm not going to be the nagging wife. You knew I needed help and if you really cared you would have came home"

Jason: "Sorry my psychic skills are not up to caliber yet"

Theresa: "Whatever
"

(close curtain)

You get the idea.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just keep your feelings to yourself, works for me.

Read my signature for more good advise.

#12 ·
Honestly, she should be communicating. I used to have to try and read my ex's husbands mind all the time, obviously you see where that got me
. It was very frustrating. She can't expect you to KNOW what she wants. Don't be upset because of her bad judgement. I don't have a problem letting my husband know my feelings, if he doesn't acknowledge them, then i have a right to get upset, but at least I know I tried.

#15 ·
Unfortunately, we do think some things are a "given" for a man to know... sort of like common sense....

you know, like it's obvious when she is upset, so ask her what is wrong or if she wants to talk.

If its a birthday, anniversay, etc... do something special without having to be reminded...

.... the list could go on... and I don't know what this particular issue is with you guys, but mostly it's "thoughtfulness" that we consider to be the given!

However, as women, some things WE should know are that men do need to be point blank asked/told something in order for them to know... that happy meeting point is often difficult to find!

#16 ·
QUOTE(Jason R @ Feb 2 2004, 11:53 AM)QUOTE(soosassy @ Feb 2 2004, 11:51 AM) Depend on what she wants, are you talking materialistic or what she wants from you emotionally?
Emotionally.

i.e.- Let's set up the scenerio. Last wednesday she had surgery and is still in pain.

Jason: "Hey, I'm going to go over your brothers for a while. Do you care?"

Theresa: "No, go ahead"

3 hours later I come home.

Jason: "Hi"

Theresa: "Hi
"

Jason: "What's wrong?"

Theresa: "You were gone so long. You knew I needed help and needed to eat."

Jason: "I fed you before I left."

Theresa: "Yeah, but I need to eat something with my pills" (So, they don't upset her stomach)

Jason: "I was 2 blocks away, Why didn't you call me"

Theresa: "You should have known I needed help"

Jason: "What's wrong with calling me? I would have come home."

Theresa: "I'm not going to be the nagging wife. You knew I needed help and if you really cared you would have came home"

Jason: "Sorry my psychic skills are not up to caliber yet"

Theresa: "Whatever
"

(close curtain)

You get the idea.
Sounds typical. I think a lot of women do that. They just want to see if their man is thinking of them, but if it was getting to her, she should have just picked up the phone.

#18 ·
I just tell them I'll a stupid MAN!
Please put a post it on my computer.....forehead.....
dates, what you want for your birthday.....events.....so no post it.....you might not get what you want.....SO IT IS YOUR FAULT!

socks on the floor ~ call the cleaning lady
hungry ~ Jets 415-0990

#19 ·
Happy Anniversary Soosassy..

Jason, You kind of hit the nail on the head so to speak.. We had a discussion here at the office awhile back about the same issue that your having.. What we came up with was that women think emotionally and men think mechanically. Therefore, we determined that each lady has her own set of emotions and her husband/boyfriend just needs to unstand how she is feeling and give her and show her the respect that she needs without having to kiss her butt all of the time.. In a relationship you should have some type of an idea as to what your girlfriend, wife or whoever is looking for from the person that she loves.
After 28 1/2 years of marriage I have found out that my wife gets a certain look in her eye and I know it's time to open up and see whats bothering her without having to play games. Don't get me wrong, sometimes her emotions take over and I don't understand her anger/whatever it is she is feeling.. But I try my best.. I also believe that if a woman is getting frustrated because she can't get you to do anything around the house, help with the kids/cooking and so on that they feel sometimes overwhelmed and let you have... Some women also don't like to see their husbands/boyfriends having too much fun without them and they hit you with their best emotional outburst to screw your head over... Also, if something needs to be done around the house and you always put it off, think how your wife/girlfriend feels?? Maybe like you don't care enough about her to do things for her??
What I'm trying to say is if your really love your wife/girlfriend you should consider her the most important person to you in the world and learn to understand her feelings... Once you got that figured out, the years go by and then your in for another treat... Hormones! I haven't hit that yet but as a woman gets older and starts going through the change of life, my buddies have told me to watch out... Their hot, them their cold, they want to beat you to death and then they love you to death... I can hardly wait for that day... Women, you just got to love them.... :>)

#20 ·
It's all about communication fella, and you know what.... women try to blame guys for having poor communication skills when it's mostly chicks who love to bottle everything up and like you said, and expect you to read their minds.

It's BS dude, women should just say it like it is.

sh*t, sometimes I have to check the calendar to see if we're still in High School with the games some women like to play. <_<

All the same, we guys are shitheads too, I will admit that myself. As guys, we maybe don't "think" as much, or as deep, as we should about things, but that's where we need the fairer sex to give us a hand and tell us how they are feeling/what's bothering them. Now there's a concept.......

#23 ·
lol! i love the way you put the 'scenario!' quite entertaining, and oh, SO true.

i usually tell it like it is or how i want it because that's what i'm used to and i have to be clear with work dealings. very rarely do i play the 'guess what i'm thinking' game with danimal, but i have to admit that there have been a couple times i have been guilty of it.

but yes, communication is key. and yes, sometimes girls are silly. but so are you boys. lol!

and i LIKE taxman's way to deal with it!

#25 ·
Well, If I ever figure out this on going mystery I'm going to be a very wealthy man.

I'll have late night infomertials

"Are you tired of your crazy wife?"
"Would you like to stop the emotional roller coaters?"
With my 6 week training course I will have you on your way to the sanity you have been dreaming about.

Jason has had years of training and has finally figured out the female psychi. For just 6 easy payments of $299.00 you'll have the happiness that Jason has been enjoying for so many years.
call or visit our web site www.crazywomen.com

#26 ·
You should get the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"...that book will answer your question for sure...

BTW - If you want your wife to communicate more, then remember to be nice when she does, otherwise, it will get worse..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.