Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Fox 2 ran a poll tonight: "Will you vote for Monica Conyers in the primary?" 52% answered "Yes."

Here's a woman who's an admitted criminal and can't take the post even if elected, and 52% of respondants will vote for her anyway.

Idiots.

Jim

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maybe no one in Detroit know shes been convicted....I mean they don't deliver the freep press any more...and televisions with antennas don't work any more....maybe no one knows.....

Actually I'm speechless. I really thought after the Kawamee debacle, detroiters would demand something better.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(3crabs @ Aug 2 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Actually I'm speechless. I really thought after the Kawamee debacle, detroiters would demand something better.
Keep in mind Detroit voters re-elected him despite the widely-published reports of questionable behaviour in his first term.

Jim

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QUOTE(SEMIJim @ Aug 2 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(3crabs @ Aug 2 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Actually I'm speechless. I really thought after the Kawamee debacle, detroiters would demand something better.
Keep in mind Detroit voters re-elected him despite the widely-published reports of questionable behaviour in his first term.

Jim

I know. The majority has that attuide that if has anything to do with "The Man" they want no part of it.
They feel the judicial system, banking are all part of the system to supress them.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Whats really stupid is if she is elected to office they will let it stand and instead have a special election after the November one to replace her. They can't just picked the next highest vote getter. More money wasted.... Maybe the murderer running for council will take her place. Or the clown I heard last night that said his priority is free internet for everyone in Detroit.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Not that surprised at all actually...
Next poll: If Kwame was to run for mayor again would you vote for him? I always said they would but now I believe he WOULD have a good chance!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Welcome to Detroit where half the residents cant read or write . AND THE HIGHEST CRIME AND UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN THE U.S.

I say put a fence around it and burn it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Aug 3 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to Detroit where half the residents cant read or write . AND THE HIGHEST CRIME AND UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN THE U.S.

I say put a fence around it and burn it.

You say "put a fence around it and burn it."

That goes well with the personal statment you have on your account. You say you don't like to judge people, but you want to put a fence around a city of 900,000 plus people and burn it to the ground.

Could you give me a few bucks for my house before you decide you want to burn me out?

Before you and all the others judge the people of Detroit, why don't you move in and spend a little time there. Sure there are uneducated people who can't read. I agree it is about half. That means the city still has the largest poplulation of people in a single city in Michigan that can read and write and who do work for a living. People who are doing the best they can with the cards they have been dealt. I am not defending the idots. But to condem an entire population, as I see on this board often seems like overkill to me.

Don't believe all the things you see on TV or read in the local rags. it is not really hard to find people anywhere in the world that don't have a clue and put them on TV. I recently saw a women with Jay Leon who did not know who lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave but knew who sponge bob square pants is. Should we burn her out?

I see you are from Troy. I grew up there. My family still lives there. Lots of things to complain about in that city too. I have watched some of the Troy City Council meetings. Not too impressed.

Sure is easy to make fun of something isn't it?

fenfen

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(fenfen @ Aug 3 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have watched some of the Troy City Council meetings. Not too impressed.
The Troy City Council is up there with the 3 Stodges. In their case I believe its their association with the local churches that make them so entertaining. I got the bigest laugh when they wanted to stop Hooters from moving. It was in a residential area moving to a commercial one and those wacky city council folks claimed it was going to be a blight on the "residents" in the new location.
They must mean the fire station across the street. I don't think anybody lives in the Burger King.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 3 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fenfen @ Aug 3 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have watched some of the Troy City Council meetings. Not too impressed.
The Troy City Council is up there with the 3 Stodges. In their case I believe its their association with the local churches that make them so entertaining. I got the bigest laugh when they wanted to stop Hooters from moving. It was in a residential area moving to a commercial one and those wacky city council folks claimed it was going to be a blight on the "residents" in the new location.
They must mean the fire station across the street. I don't think anybody lives in the Burger King.

3 Stodges or 3 Stooges??

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(SEMIJim @ Aug 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So Fox 2 ran a poll tonight: "Will you vote for Monica Conyers in the primary?" 52% answered "Yes."

Here's a woman who's an admitted criminal and can't take the post even if elected, and 52% of respondants will vote for her anyway.

Idiots.

Jim

Conyers AND Reeves did not make it.

They may just be waking up down there.

Charles Pugh 58,595 13%
Ken Cockrel, Jr. 48,802 11%
Gary Brown 40,552 9%
Brenda Jones 29,482 7%
Saunteel Jenkins 29,311 7%
Kwame Kenyatta 28,196 6%
JoAnn Watson 24,535 6%
Jai-Lee Dearing 22,509 5%
Alberta Tinsley-Talabi 19,802 5%
Andre Spivey 19,702 5%
James Tate 19,138 4%
Lisa Howze 12,231 3%
Shelley Foy 11,483 3%
Fred Hall 10,924 3%
Raphael Johnson 10,759 2%
Mohamed Okdie 9,251 2%
John Cromer 8,937 2%
David Cross 8,790 2%
John Bennett 8,034 2%
Roy McCalister 6,767 2%
Delicia Taylor-Coleman 6,676 2%

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
QUOTE(SEMIJim @ Aug 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So Fox 2 ran a poll tonight: "Will you vote for Monica Conyers in the primary?" 52% answered "Yes."

Idiots.

Jim

Looking at the history would you expect more?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Look at how Obama was voted.....nuff said.

Most people didn't even know his full name or who he was running with.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(PocketChange @ Aug 3 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I used to work in Detroit. Its too bad those who work there and have to pay the 1.5% city tax don't get some type of voting power.

I used to work in Detroit too, but I flat out refused to pay city taxes. As far as I am concerned, that should be unconstitutional, it would fall under taxation without representation. That was 25 years ago and they haven't called looking for my money.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Aug 5 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh!!!! You did it now Big Dog..... The spies here will report you.... Hopefully Edalz isn't paying attention...

I only worked there for about a year, if they want the $37.00 they can send someone to collect.
Maybe I can get Martha Rose Reeves to come by and sing for me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.