Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Seriously, my parents have sold their house in Sterling Heights and they have a wood pile of wood (of course) that the new owners in the offer stated that they wanted my parents to get rid of it.

Being my parents now live in the U.P. full time they don't want to haul it up there and they can't just put it on the curb.

Anyone, want any? I will be honest and tell you that it is not freshly cut. Some of it is a few years old. It is good for a camp fire and for one of those fire pits you can buy. I personally would not use it in my home because yes I think it is dirty and I am spoiled and like the store bought wrapped ones.

They are coming down this week and the moving is taking place on Saturday. Anyone interested?

What about SunBums benefit bash/bonfire?

Post here if you are interested/have ideas and I will P.M. with directions. Not sure yet if my Dad can help out with transporting it being he is using his truck for moving furniture etc....to my sisters house in Chesterfield. If whoever wants it has a truck that would be great!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 22 2003, 08:11 PM)I can use it, i also have a full size pick up to take it away.
drop me a line and I can come get it this week.

Check your PMs.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 22 2003, 09:18 PM)QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 22 2003, 08:11 PM) I can use it, i also have a full size pick up to take it away.
drop me a line and I can come get it this week.

Check your PMs.
You better check your pance...I heard the Boss was giving away your wood!

sorry, rough day and feelin' a bit wicked right now

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Sep 22 2003, 09:34 PM)You better check your pance...I heard the Boss was giving away your wood!

Cool!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would be interested in the wood. I have a Tahoe and can come and pick it up asap. PM me with and address and a time I can pick it up. Thank you Dan

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
This will sounded retarded, but supposedly they have a friend down here that is interested in it and is going to look at it tomorrow to see if he wants it.

I'll post more when I find out if he took it or not.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
FYI: The wood in the S.E. lower Michigan counties is quarrantined against going outside the area due to the mass ecological destruction of the - ash bug I think it's called. Anyways, if'n any of you peeps take the wood, that'd be awesome for Boss's parents and for you, but please don't take it Up North.

Tink ya mon

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
stupid bug i have or had two nice trees in front by drive way on each side , didnt take em long to kill both of them , getting estimates on having cut down , not cheap either. 1,800. to have cut down.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Sep 22 2003, 10:11 PM)FYI: The wood in the S.E. lower Michigan counties is quarrantined against going outside the area due to the mass ecological destruction of the - ash bug I think it's called. Anyways, if'n any of you peeps take the wood, that'd be awesome for Boss's parents and for you, but please don't take it Up North.

Tink ya mon

So right on that one! I forgot that was my Dad's reason for not bringing it up north, I just didn't think he wanted to haul it.
He is on the board of Governor's for the Hiawatha Sportsmanship Club Forestry division and they have a nasty worm that is killing off all of the Jack Pines up there. It is very sad, but they will replant acres of them.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, the guy went to take some of the wood yesterday and ended up getting chased down the street by a bunch of bees.
Turns out there is a hive or nest in the wood pile.

So, anybody who still wants it, let me know.

Now my father-in-law has to go get beekeeper gear and take care of it himself. He's being too stubborn to hire someone to do it.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 25 2003, 06:47 AM)Turns out there is a hive or nest in the wood pile.
I believe the correct word is infested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts