Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am organizing my companies holiday party and I need some ideas as to where to throw it. We had it at a pool hall last year, but this year I want to do something different....I don't have a huge budget....So my question is....Where has your work had their Christmas parties in the past?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
One year we had it at Kart-to-Kart on Van **** and 19 mile road. Not sure of the website but I know they have one. Only thing is that you can't drink if you're driving but you can once you're done racing.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
dave & busters is a fun idea.
if you check around, there are some places like wild woodys and jack's that offer free appetizers for the party when you book it there.
or what about the starclipper dinner train?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 28 2003, 02:28 PM)dave & busters is a fun idea.
if you check around, there are some places like wild woodys and jack's that offer free appetizers for the party when you book it there.
or what about the starclipper dinner train?
We are located in Troy, so I don't know how far I can have the party away from the office.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
try bahama breeze or joe kools. pretty cool places.

ooooh!! if you do bahama breeze, you could do a jimmy buffet christmas theme!!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 28 2003, 03:42 PM)try bahama breeze or joe kools. pretty cool places.

Hey Beth...as Marketing Director for my company, I always get stuck with the task of planning our party as well. I agree with CK...The Breeze is a great place. We had ours there last year and it was great. The year before it was at Champs...bad news I am sorry to say. The food was cold and the room was supposed to be closed off. People who didn't work at our company were coming in and eating our food. If you want a more formal event Larco's is a great place and very accomidating...but very exspensive. I am planning this years evnt as we speak but I am awaiting to see what my budget is going to be. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Bahama Breeze is a great place except a little pricey is your on a small budget.
There drinks are the best around!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(manana @ Oct 28 2003, 04:12 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 28 2003, 03:42 PM) try bahama breeze or joe kools. pretty cool places.

Hey Beth...as Marketing Director for my company, I always get stuck with the task of planning our party as well. I agree with CK...The Breeze is a great place. We had ours there last year and it was great. The year before it was at Champs...bad news I am sorry to say. The food was cold and the room was supposed to be closed off. People who didn't work at our company were coming in and eating our food. If you want a more formal event Larco's is a great place and very accomidating...but very exspensive. I am planning this years evnt as we speak but I am awaiting to see what my budget is going to be. Hope this helps.
Bahama Breeze sounds cool, just a couple of questions...did you have your own room? I will have maybe 90-100 people. Do you think it would be good for drinks and appetizers only?

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
From a guy who has a Christmas Party~
~Go cheap on the hall
~Go heavy on the BOOZE

~Have everyone dress in their holiday best

~Got to have a dance floor

~Mail out invitations <_<
~Have it in early December

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Oct 28 2003, 04:32 PM)QUOTE(manana @ Oct 28 2003, 04:12 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 28 2003, 03:42 PM) try bahama breeze or joe kools. pretty cool places.

Bahama Breeze sounds cool, just a couple of questions...did you have your own room? I will have maybe 90-100 people. Do you think it would be good for drinks and appetizers only?
Beth...to answer your question about the room: They have a fire pit room that cranks out the heat and everyone can sit or stand around the fire....BUT...I am not sure that room could support 90-100 persons. I would call ask for the Mgr. explain your vision and inquire. The night we held our party we arn the whole place. Our group was much smaller. Larco's has a great room downstairs...may be worth checking out. The Breeze was more of an up beat non formal holiday drunkfest for our company

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Oct 29 2003, 10:26 AM)~Mail out invitations

my address is on my website!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(manana @ Oct 29 2003, 09:33 AM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Oct 28 2003, 04:32 PM) QUOTE(manana @ Oct 28 2003, 04:12 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 28 2003, 03:42 PM) try bahama breeze or joe kools. pretty cool places.

Beth...to answer your question about the room: They have a fire pit room that cranks out the heat and everyone can sit or stand around the fire....BUT...I am not sure that room could support 90-100 persons. I would call ask for the Mgr. explain your vision and inquire. The night we held our party we arn the whole place. Our group was much smaller. Larco's has a great room downstairs...may be worth checking out. The Breeze was more of an up beat non formal holiday drunkfest for our company
Thanks! I am going to call them today and check it out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts