Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on getting insurance quotes for a '91 Wellcraft Gran Sport 34'. I've seen some that are pretty high and scarey.

I need to have a baseline for comparison so I know if I'm getting hosed or not. What type of boat, length and age do you have and what do you pay for insurance?

I hope I'm not getting too personal, but any information anyone could offer will really help me out. If you want to Private Message that is fine. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Did you get a quote from one of the newest LSCN sponsors - Fritsch-Kinney??? Their add is directly to the right on the screen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(samson @ Mar 12 2004, 01:35 PM)Did you get a quote from one of the newest LSCN sponsors - Fritsch-Kinney??? Their add is directly to the right on the screen.

Yes. They said $995 for the year and that included $750 deductible on the hull value and a $1000 dingy w/motor. I felt this was very high.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(jgirard1 @ Mar 12 2004, 01:39 PM)Yes. They said $995 for the year and that included $750 deductible on the hull value and a $1000 dingy w/motor. I felt this was very high.
My premium with Boat us was $1640. Much lower with Fritsch-kinney.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
We have an 88 27 foot Sea Ray through St. Paul .
Our annual premium is $318/year.. I'm not sure -without looking at the paperwork if we have a $500 or $250 deductible. The nice thing is they insure for the full value of the boat not just the hull.

P.S. - We haven't gotten it yet, but have been told that once we get our boater safety certificates, they offer a 3% discount. Also, if you pass the vessel safety check you can take another 3% discount. (Will be doing this shortly).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have a 1987 30" Sea Ray Weekender insured with Boat US. Last year the premium was $520 with 1% deductible and good coverage. Policy includes $150 tow service which I increased to $1000 for $65. You have to be a member at $45 annually. Seems fair but I'm checking around a bit before June 1st. I completed a Power Squadron Safety course this winter which I've sent to Boat US to see if it reduces the premium.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Mar 12 2004, 10:49 PM)We have an 88 27 foot Sea Ray through St. Paul .
Our annual premium is $318/year..
My Seadoo with Boat US was $388.

Now with ski-safe for $200.
Thanks Wiz.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Called Eric Fri he is supposed to get back with me monday with a quote i hope its less..If it is ill switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts