Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you guys have heard this story yet....

FLW article

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Awesome story, I find it hard to believe that the IGFA would give her the line class record and not the All Tackle record. Says the fish has to be scrificed for inspection.....seems like that is a little backward in thinking in this day and age.

Mini

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think the whole thing is fishy. Two supposedly giant bass from the same tiny lake. Both let go with minimal documentation. I wouldn't make either one the record, with as much at stake as almost any bass angler worth a couple waterdogs knows, in a million years.

I might be tougher even then the IFGA, but people will do ANYTHING for money and publicity. I mean ANYTHING! I can completely understand some people wanting to release a great fish, but two such fish at the same lake with so many questions??? Too much at stake to allow that without the fish, or at least a state biologist having seen it. I bet about 5 million Southern bass anglers are saying right now, "that dog don't hunt!"

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
What you are going to see now is going to be one of the biggest embarassments in the history of bass fishing. Every inch of that lake is going to be fished to death. I hope the DNR has a plan for that ramp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts