Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESPN is reporting a story about a 22lb 5oz fish caught in Japan. Lake Biwa is Japans largest lake. The IGFA is looking at it, could be a tie (records have to be broken by 2 ounces).

Source

·
Registered
112 Posts
i read this earlier on bassmaster and it says just under 22-5. sounds to me like its a 22-4 so it would be a tie, awesome fish none the less

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Holy Moley,

WHAT

A

PIG!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
yowsa,

looks like a winner to me.

wonder what the old lake record was. Never knew any international waters had the potential to produce a big bass like that.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
hope he released it so it can be caught again in a couple months or so and then really break the world record...Imagine if that thing is a female how much it would weigh during spawn...24, 25, 26lbs??

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
If that fish were to eat any more I think it would explode.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Call me crazy, but that looks like one helluva beer gut on that fish. Must be pourin' Sapporo in the lakes to boost the algae population. That's about all that stuff would be good for.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Speaking of grossly obese non-native fish, check out some of the carp records from Europe. They feed the fish in the lakes....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 3 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>current record is 22lb 4oz. George Perry 1930 something. He ate it.

probably used a sword for a fillet knife, thatd be a huge chunck of meat though!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts