1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Took a run over there yesterday. Marine city and down to the split was fairly clear on the US side. From the DNR ramp in Algonac down past the ferry and on to Deckers was flowing. Not totally but a path pretty much up the middle. Ferry area was quite clear. Don't know about SC.

You know it really hasn't been all that cold but flows from Lk. Huron kept coming down. Satellite view shows quite a bit of ice right in southern Lk. H. yet to come down.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I can tell you that the water in my canal (2 miles upstream from Contender) is down a solid 3 feet off of last year's low. If the water comes up fast, it is going to wreak havoc on docks and pilings.

The marine contractors should have a good spring!!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The water line at his elbows, is from last summer.

The next color change about 6 inches below the paint line, was where the ice was, roughly 2 weeks ago.

A few of the neighbors lots, still have ice clinging to the sea walls and pilings at that same height.

I believe the ice in the boat well, is actually sitting on the bottom. Right next to the wall, there is only a couple inches to the dirt.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
1984 was a lot worse than this. The ice was like 15 20 feet out of the water at Deckers. if memoery serves me right... The ice collapsed in the Bay bad. Water was really shut off.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts