Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever just go out with nothing planned and wind up having a perfect time? Just had one!! Sitting here thinking about some of the threads this morning and something Mini and Shanny said about getting paid and thought back about 25 years to when I first started listening to ZZ-top. I say man I'm going to pickup a copy of Rio Grande Mud and listen to "Just got Paid today". Stopped at the Polish Market and picked up some stuffed peppers and celery salad. Drove to the mall picked up the CD and out of the corner of my eye see an Oasis CD - "Familiar to Millions". Nabbed it and jammed in the car for the whole lunch hour.

A little history, saw Oasis, (one of my favorite groups) in Frankfurt the same year as this recording. Concerts are really amazing in Europe because every single person usually knows all of the words to all of the songs and sometimes the bands play but don't sing. Went to this concert with about 15 friends from Germany, England, Czech Republic and Denmark. Was one of the truly great experiences in my life standing in this soccor field in the summer sun with about 40,000 people singing there asses off and dancing and jamming with friends from all over the world. (People whom I still stay in close contact with)

Was totally taken back to that moment during lunch and I realized that Spring is really truly finally here after that cold as hell crappy winter. Thought about Dyngus again and thought how much fun that was, not because of what happened, but because of the people there. Please don't take offense but for the most part I have not found americans to be extremely warm and sincere in my lifetime. I have to say that I have not found that to be true of the people on this board. I count myself extremely fortunate that I have this to look forward to this summer:
Eddie: Always laughing and looking to set matches on fire between someones toes.
Rerun: We never get enough time to BS together
Mini: Don't know why but you've quietly become one of my faves.
Shandog: MILF
Pauligan: The queen of LSCN. (Parade Wave) I fear her Avatar!
CBJ Warden and Todd: Doody and Beer - Always know the party is around him
Snowmaker - Keeps me consistently laughing and your wife's badgering - it's too cute.
Homebrew - brings out my cerebral side.
Instigator - We come long way you and I Dances with Wolves
C- Girl - Chocolate for my girls all the way from Toronto - didn't even ask for it.
Campari - Compadre, beautiful family man. Interesting points of view.
P-29's - Where you guys been - miss ya
MaryJane - Wait let me get this straight you say "He dumped You"? Interesting
CK Don't know you that well but your always having fun.
Wiz - Generous guy love hanging with you.
Jewels, Larry, Dawn, Linda and Crew - Known for awhile now and love being with.
Manana's - Everytime I'm with you guys you crack me up more and more.
All Capt's Too much fun thanks for being the orchestrators of this.
Laney - too cool
Scott - Always smiling and happy to see you.
Convincors- since day one seem like they know you forever.
Max - my euro buddy. Need to talk to get my homeland fix
Merlin - Ditto
Boatchic - Where the heck are my sunglasses?
Julie and Jetski - couldn't forget you. Julie almost had me sent up the river.
Of course Taxman and BRB Driver and Hazy and Deiter my drunken pal.
Don't be cheesed if I missed you

Anyway I'm a lucky guy I have a job where I travel back to the places I love the most 3-4 times a year. It's intellectually challenging, I speak and think the entire day in a foreign language. And it's finally starting to happen with my independent consulting. You all know that I was devastated moving back to the U.S. My heart will always be in Europe, but it's also important to know that home can be a place where you feel cared about and thought about. People, not necessarily the place are what make wherever you are truly home. It's a good feeling to know that someone could be 15, 100 or even 10000 miles away and might think of you and be smiling. That's demonstrated by little things like a voice message on your phone, a pm or being in a store and buying a small gift or chocolates. I just want you guys to know that if you ever need me I'm always available to my friends and that I never take your thoughts wishes and goodwill for granted. That's 24-7 and I print my phone number here for all (734) 516-4641. I spent the whole lunch hour driving around with a stupid grin on my face. I'm either extremely happy or a manic depressive!

To all the folks that think some of the things going on here are immature or high schoolish, I appreciate the finer things in life too but it's all good when you let your hair down and "Get It Out" once and awhile. So you all can kiss my a$$!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know if I have an employee that I discover on this site as much as me, I'm gonna fire his a$$. It's good to be the boss!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:26 PM)Ya know if I have an employee that I discover on this site as much as me, I'm gonna fire his a$$. It's good to be the boss!!
Who is it?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
We enjoy being around you too, Mike!

p.s Nice avatar...is that the kind of muscle's you get from doing push-ups properly?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 01:28 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:26 PM) Ya know if I have an employee that I discover on this site as much as me, I'm gonna fire his a$$. It's good to be the boss!!
Who is it?
Your wife!!!

Dude can I have my moment?!? CBJ get's to have epiphanies and revelations and see god while he's pinching a loaf can't I feel good about driving down the road, jamming to a great band and thinking about my friends!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Awesome post Traveler....spring IS in the air and everyone is getting back on track and getting over their cabin-fever.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ May 1 2003, 01:30 PM)We enjoy being around you too, Mike!

p.s Nice avatar...is that the kind of muscle's you get from doing push-ups properly?

Yes dear, I keep my a$$ down and to the ground!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:31 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 01:28 PM) QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:26 PM) Ya know if I have an employee that I discover on this site as much as me, I'm gonna fire his a$$. It's good to be the boss!!
Who is it?
Your wife!!!

Nice try, but you already said "fire his a$$".

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 1 2003, 01:32 PM)Awesome post Traveler....spring IS in the air and everyone is getting back on track and getting over their cabin-fever.
Thanks Ken, read your post sorry about your friend. Hey man your son's doing well and he "Will" be home soon AND he's a goddamn hero!!! Who's got more to be proud of. I'm stuck!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 01:34 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:31 PM) QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 01:28 PM) QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 02:26 PM) Ya know if I have an employee that I discover on this site as much as me, I'm gonna fire his a$$. It's good to be the boss!!
Who is it?
Your wife!!!

Nice try, but you already said "fire his a$$".

Can't fire my own a$$ who'd buy beers at the Erin Pub?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 1 2003, 01:32 PM)QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ May 1 2003, 01:30 PM) We enjoy being around you too, Mike!

Yes dear, I keep my a$$ down and to the ground!!!
Gotcha!

**note to self, keep a$$ to ground...got that Jewel's?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Nice Traveler! I can feel your positive energy just reading that.

LOVE those happy feel good moments that occur for no other reason than JUST BECAUSE
I have that kind of feeling every time I walk up to start the Vette - all teeth man!!

I did have to, however, call a friend and get debriefed on what a MILF was. I forgot that part from American Pie. Soooo funny - thanks!

Enjoy Your Extremely Happy Day!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a feeling we're all gonna have a lot of moments like this this summer.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(sowder75 @ May 1 2003, 01:49 PM)MILF's are GOOD.

Wouldn't know never had sex with a woman who had kids. That includes my ex-wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts