Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! I never thought I would hear the day.....

It was a request from someone and I am shocked they are playing it. It is Ace of Spades. Probably the ONLY song you would ever hear on any radio station.

This is exciting. LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is amazing actually..... they went way off their playlist for that request! Whenever I decide to give them another chance I dial in and hear the same programming I heard five years ago.... With all the great music out there to play it really is a shame on WRIF's part.

They have no competition, so they'll never change. WRIF blows.

My .02.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Jul 17 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is amazing actually..... they went way off their playlist for that request! Whenever I decide to give them another chance I dial in and hear the same programming I heard five years ago.... With all the great music out there to play it really is a shame on WRIF's part.

They have no competition, so they'll never change. WRIF blows.

My .02.....

I remember back in the day, I listened to 102.7 Z-Rock. I didn't liked the wrif then, and I don't really like it now.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You're dead on! Z-rock was really good. They introduced bands I never heard of at the time (i.e. Dream Theater, Prong, ect...) And just to hear something different, for good or bad was a refreshing change.

Now, mind you, this is the early 90's... (people are probably laughing)

Then Ted Nugent bought the station out....and the rest is history.

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Jul 17 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They have no competition, so they'll never change. WRIF blows.

Your right. I listen to Drew&Mike and just left it on cuz I was lazy to turn on the iPod. It was funny because a bit after that some gut called and and asked Ann Carlini to play Just Balls by AC/DC. Ann says, You mean Big Balls? The guys replies with, "yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it, that's it". What a true stoner. She actually played it.

Rock & Roll kicks a$$!

·
Registered
894 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 17 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OMG! I never thought I would hear the day.....

It was a request from someone and I am shocked they are playing it. It is Ace of Spades. Probably the ONLY song you would ever hear on any radio station.

This is exciting. LOVE IT!!

OHHH Brother.
I hate that song. Its just noise!

·
Registered
22,942 Posts
I have 4 motor heads behind me right now! (of the big block variety)

One of my kinds of music! Metal always makes me think of V-8 running runnin' WOT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.