Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems long, but I feel I could write forever on this topic... many gaps. Please feel free to adlib.

I'd like to take a moment of time to express the feeling of pure gratitude beheld in my heart for friends.

It's a funny thing how people cross in and out of our lives. Some glance by leaving not a whisper of an imprint, some glide unoticed into the background and surprise us with the level of importance they have gradually incurred. While others crash in causing you to think "woah" then sneak into the sacred part of you reserved for life long feelings of joy for having known them.

Friends allow you, no, force you, to express who you are and be all you can be at all times. Yet calm your flare ups when life seems to be too much to handle.

Friends are those people who somehow know the moment you need a kind word, a kick in the rear end, a crazy night out or a long conversation about feelings difficult to share even with ones self.

Friends stick around through the heartbreaks and heartswells so necessary for growth and true prosperity in this short life yet are often so confusing and painful to have to come to terms with.

Friends see us at our worst--be it broken emotionally, physically, financially... and they see through that to the heart and accept us as a whole.

Friends forgive and understand that we are humans and thus will make mistakes that we will learn and grow from.

Friends may not always be around. They may move their lives in a different direction, may have that final falling out, may pass into the afterlife, no matter where they go, the mark they leave stays with us with fond memories and that sense of "I am a better person having known them."

This goes to my friends who read this board, and to those who don't. My heart overflows today with gratitude and I love you all and thank you for coming into my life.

Pauline Flanigan

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ May 22 2003, 09:48 AM)

PAULIGAN HAS THE WARM FUZZIES

TIME TO PICK ON HERE SOME HOW!

Its hard to take her post seriously when you look over and see her avatar.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ May 22 2003, 09:48 AM)

PAULIGAN HAS THE WARM FUZZIES

TIME TO PICK ON HERE SOME HOW!

She must be wearing her LSCN fleece...lol

Mini

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Pauline-
I soooo understand where you are coming from!
As you know- I am going thru a divorce and I could NEVER half gotten thru it w/o my friends- I've had friends from 10 years ago call me w/ supportive thoughts and prayers- Then there's the ones I talk to EVERY DAY that remind me why I'm doing this!!

the power of a good solid friendship can get you thru anything!!

bye the way...
it's was hard to read your serious post w/o looking up and laughing at your butt avatar

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Ive learned the hard way that every friendship no matter how strong or for how long your friendship is, right from the date you met or said hi, it has had a expiration date.
Im glad I found the Warden thats for sure.

While my friendship lasts with all of you, you can count on me, not to snake you. You can also count on me to do some extra credit... I look out for my friends, the world can be a ugly place and Im no stranger to that stuff so Im all right and if any Peeps need some company or anything.

Pick a pub, or a spot on the lake or just give me a gingle, Ill come running.....

For a good time call 415-6895.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ May 22 2003, 09:57 AM)Pauline-
As you know- I am going thru a divorce and I could NEVER half gotten thru it w/o my friends- I've had friends from 10 years ago call me w/ supportive thoughts and prayers- Then there's the ones I talk to EVERY DAY that remind me why I'm doing this!!

bye the way...
it's was hard to read your serious post w/o looking up and laughing at your butt avatar

...and I thought of you when I read the post...love ya girl and I am proud of you.

Pauline - that was beautiful. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my divorce...it's been a rough year, yet an incredibly happy year...I have met many new people that have made an impact on my life - my appreciation for the greatness these people have added to my world cannot be expressed in words alone.

Some of us have been riding the rollercoaster of life together, offering support, encouragement, a strong shoulder, an attentive ear...through good times and bad...I have grown so much this year as a result of the SOLID, TRUE FRIENDSHIPS that I have in my life. I, too, want to say THANK YOU to all of my friends.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ May 22 2003, 12:19 PM)QUOTE(puppetshow @ May 22 2003, 09:57 AM) Pauline-

bye the way...

...and I thought of you when I read the post...love ya girl and I am proud of you.

Pauline - that was beautiful. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my divorce...it's been a rough year, yet an incredibly happy year...I have met many new people that have made an impact on my life - my appreciation for the greatness these people have added to my world cannot be expressed in words alone.

Some of us have been riding the rollercoaster of life together, offering support, encouragement, a strong shoulder, an attentive ear...through good times and bad...I have grown so much this year as a result of the SOLID, TRUE FRIENDSHIPS that I have in my life. I, too, want to say THANK YOU to all of my friends.

SOUNDS LIKE A REASON TO PARTY!
ANNUAL DIVORCE DISCO PARTY AT THE BEACH GRIL
ALL 80'S BANK FRIDAYS

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ May 22 2003, 11:19 AM)QUOTE(puppetshow @ May 22 2003, 09:57 AM) Pauline-

bye the way...

the date of your one year anniversary is the date that I filed for divorce !!
they are one in the same- remember??

that was a fun night in your car!

i can't believe it's been a year and not final yet- ANY DAY NOW-

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ May 22 2003, 12:29 PM)QUOTE(Saleena362 @ May 22 2003, 11:19 AM) QUOTE(puppetshow @ May 22 2003, 09:57 AM) Pauline-

bye the way...

the date of your one year anniversary is the date that I filed for divorce !!
they are one in the same- remember??

that was a fun night in your car!

i can't believe it's been a year and not final yet- ANY DAY NOW-
ANOTHER REASON TO PARTY......!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts