Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Governor Granholm Abolishes Snowmobile Advisory Committee!

LANSING - Governor Jennifer M. Granholm today issued Executive Order 2009-45, creating a new Department of Natural Resources and Environment (DNRE) to protect and conserve Michigan's air, water and other natural resources. The new department will assume the powers and functions of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), which are abolished by the executive order. The order takes effect January 17, 2010.

Lt. Governor John D. Cherry, Jr., at the governor's request, is leading a broad review of state government that could eventually result in the number of state departments being reduced to eight. "The new department will be leaner, more efficient and better able to manage our natural resources and protect our environment," Cherry said. "I've been traveling around the state hosting town halls to get the public's input on government streamlining. Creating this new department will put the interests of conservationists at the forefront."

Several boards, councils or committees are abolished by the executive order. The Michigan Trailways Advisory Council and the Michigan Snowmobile Advisory Committee also are abolished.

Their functions are transferred to a new seven-member Michigan Trails Advisory Council within the DNRE that will advise the governor and the DNRE director on creating, developing, operating and maintaining motorized and non-motorized trails in Michigan.

Who are the experts in the world of snowmobiling, snowmobilers or the non-motorized community?
The Michigan Snowmobile Association was shocked by the announcement. President Don Reed condemned the action. "Snowmobile grant sponsors relied on the SAC committee and MSA to work with the administration to move our program forward" Don Says, "Without their input I have very grave concerns for the future of snowmobiling in the state of Michigan!" When snowmobilers pay 100% of the cost of snowmobile trails, and contribute over a billion dollars a year to Michigan's ailing economy, why mess with a proven winner?

Reinstate the SAC committee!

We urge all snowmobilers to unite and call the Governor, Lt Governor and tell them that this is a bad move. Snowmobiling is too important to be left in the hands of a Michigan Trails Advisory Council?

Governor Granholm 517-373-3400
Lt Governor Cherry 517-373-6800

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Hopefully our people in this state get their head out of their a$$ for once and vot in a politician that believes in the state itself, not just look at a "D" or an "R" by their name!!! But I don't want to get my hopes to high

·
Registered
526 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Nov 2 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hopefully our people in this state get their head out of their a$$ for once and vote in a politician that believes in the state itself, not just look at a "D" or an "R" by their name!!! But I don't want to get my hopes to high

Don't waste your vote, vote third party!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Granholm is an utter and complete fricking idiot. All she has done has ruined this state and ruined our economy. She is a loser. She needs to pack her bags and head back to canada.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 2 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Granholm is an utter and complete fricking idiot. All she has done has ruined this state and ruined our economy. She is a loser. She needs to pack her bags and head back to canada.

And take all of canada's garbage that comes here with her!!!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 2 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Granholm is an utter and complete fricking idiot. All she has done has ruined this state and ruined our economy. She is a loser. She needs to pack her bags and head back to canada.

Wait... didn't Obama place her on his "Economic Advisory Committee"?
What a JOKE! She's had her way with this State and put us right in the crapper, how in the he** would he think she'd be good for the country's economy? She's so short-sighted and narrow minded, I can't even believe some of the crap she pulls. I saw a sign yesterday about the BBBillions that the lottery gives to the schools, and yet they're in so much trouble - wtf? How come no one's started an impeachment drive - there's so many people out of work... anyone ever hear ANYTHING good she's done?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Nov 3 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 2 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Granholm is an utter and complete fricking idiot. All she has done has ruined this state and ruined our economy. She is a loser. She needs to pack her bags and head back to canada.

What a JOKE! She's had her way with this State and put us right in the crapper, how in the he** would he think she'd be good for the country's economy? She's so short-sighted and narrow minded, I can't even believe some of the crap she pulls. I saw a sign yesterday about the BBBillions that the lottery gives to the schools, and yet they're in so much trouble - wtf? How come no one's started an impeachment drive - there's so many people out of work... anyone ever hear ANYTHING good she's done?

I don't think anyone is going to try to impeach her cause it is her last hoorah in office. As far as I know she is done RIGHT? I believe she has run her full term.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 3 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Nov 3 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 2 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Granholm is an utter and complete fricking idiot. All she has done has ruined this state and ruined our economy. She is a loser. She needs to pack her bags and head back to canada.

I don't think anyone is going to try to impeach her cause it is her last hoorah in office. As far as I know she is done RIGHT? I believe she has run her full term.

I am sure the employee's in direct oversight of the governor(in prisons, DNR, MSP, and all stat controlled jobs) would say she is an idiot, and she couldn't run an ice cream truck let alona the state of Michigan, She is bad for our people and natural resources, and our economy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah she is out of control and needs to be stopped i posted something similar over in the fishing reports about a week ago and had totally different response one guy acted like it was Englers fault and said this had been posted over a month ago, another did not have a clue what he was talking about.This is going to effect alot of things i too am an avid snowmobiling, hunting, fishing, atv riding, recreationtal boater and am kind of surprised at some of the responses i recieved right here at LSCN. This takes away the will of the people (PROP G) DNR DEQ and lots of other rights of the people of this state and will let her and her moles steamroll through our rights like wildfire.I beleive we need some cutbacks at the state level but it sounds to me that it is more of a hunger for power that anything else. I personally did not vote for a Hillary Clinton clone that was not even born in this country to run (destroy our rights) in this great state.Fyi when she was married her husband (the first lady) he took her last name WTF is up with that that is someone who has to be in control no matter what .I have sent countless letters and emails to all that would listen and got one generic response from Debbie Stabenows office we need to voice are opinons in the next election that we are not going to tolerate this kind of politics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts