Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sit in my cube all day and listen to my headphones as I work. I was getting so sick of reg radio so I went out last night and got the XM radio.....I'm loving it. There is so much stuff to listen to I don't even know where to start. Does anyone esle have it?

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I've been considering getting it. I think it would be cool to have out at the lake. You could play all dance music or rock or whatever you want without the commercials. Plus it would be random so it wouldn't be the same ole format over and over.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Focker... they have different setups for the xm, you can purchase a boat package, (I think, but could be wrong) the only difference really is the antenae.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I don't have it. Can you hear Howard on it?

I have the Comcast digital audio channels and I do like those though.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would work great on the boat. No skips or anything. Well the cost depends on what you want. I bought a delphi unit that is pretty sweet. You buy the brain unit for something like $150 (retail) than I bought the portable radio part for another $100 (retail) or so. Than it cost $15 hook up fee but from here on out it's $10 bucks a month. (I bought a bunch of stuff so I don't know what I paid for the XM stuff) Now that I have the brain part all I have to do is buy the home and car adp. parts and I'm set.

Also got a toshiba 36 flat cinema seris TV....pretty fired up about it. Hope it looks good in the living room.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That doesn't sound worth it.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Howard or local channels....and that sucks but I have my old radio for that. I'm all about talk radio/news and they have plenty of that. Plus some Comedy channels which they can swear on. I would beat that Howard would put his show on Sat radio down the road. No Goverment oversight.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hey Rerun...I have it in my Avalanche but I have not made it active yet. It was a promotion through Chevrolet on 2003 Avalanches. I think they wave the set up fee and charge $10 bucks a month. It does sound very cool, however I burn my own CD's and often listen to those. I will most likely try it out soon after hearing your response to it

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 17 2003, 09:09 AM)That doesn't sound worth it.
I paid over $100 for my headphones...so I don't think it's that much more. Plus I listen to the radio all day long. So one could say that I spend more time using this than anything else I have. I would have no problem spending that one a TV or something else for the house and I would not use those half as much. (keep in mind I got it at cost too)

8hrs a day X 5 days = 40
40hr a week X 52 weeks = 2080
$250 start up cost + $120 year membership = $370
2080 hrs / $370 = .17 per hour for the first year
.05 per hour every year after

Plus god know I work way more hours than 40 a week. It's really more like 53 a week. which would cut the cost to .13 and .04

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No roommate is moving out and he owns TV and computer. So I went to ABC last night to fill the TV hole in and ended up walking with TV, stand, DVD, and all the XM crap. Patriot walked with new stereo for the boat and speaker. I'm telling you my boy up there will hook you up.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
What ABC??? Usually go to the one on Hall Rd by Lakeside. I might be shopping for a big screen and surround sound.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Apr 17 2003, 09:20 AM)I'm telling you my boy up there will hook you up.
Well, it doesn't help us if you don't give his name!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 17 2003, 08:25 AM)QUOTE(rerun @ Apr 17 2003, 09:20 AM) I'm telling you my boy up there will hook you up.
Well, it doesn't help us if you don't give his name!

Top Secret.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snow you never asked I'm not going to start posting his name around unless someone wants something. But his name is Joe Fournier he's my current ....soon to be X roommate. (just bought his own place) If your going to go up there let me know and I can warn him and let him know your a good friend of mine. Waterlogged bought a ton of stuff from him and he hooked him up.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I've got XM in the Sport Trac and I love it! Girlie loves the decades channels (70's, 80's,90's). I love the comedy channels. CNN was great to have during the war. There is such a wide selection... any type of music, anytime, and few to no commercials.

Did you get Playboy Radio?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Apr 17 2003, 08:03 AM)Focker... they have different setups for the xm, you can purchase a boat package, (I think, but could be wrong) the only difference really is the antenae.
Everyone should buy it...Its great

I bought stock in the company 5 years ago......

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Apr 17 2003, 09:51 AM)QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Apr 17 2003, 08:48 AM) Did you get Playboy Radio?
???????????
That's what I say.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts