Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...LENAWEE-LIVINGSTON-MACOMB-MONROE-OAKLAND-ST. CLAIR-WASHTENAW-WAYNE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... ADRIAN... ANN ARBOR... DETROIT... HOWELL... MONROE... PONTIAC... ST. CLAIR... WARREN 414 AM EST MON JAN 26 2004
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM MONDAY TO 6 AM TUESDAY... ... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT TONIGHT FOR A COMBINATION OF SLEET AND LIGHT FREEZING RAIN. AFTER SOME LIGHT SNOWFALL THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON... SLEET AND LIGHT FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP DURING THE EVENING. THE PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE OFF AND ON THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE VERY LIGHT... BUT MAY LEAD TO SOME SLIPPERY SPOTS ON UNTREATED ROADS. THUS CAUTION IS ADVISED ON AREA ROADS TONIGHT.

IN ADDITION... A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR TUESDAY AND HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO TUESDAY NIGHT. A MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE REGION TUESDAY MORNING... THEN QUICKLY TURN OVER TO SNOW. THE SNOW... POSSIBLY HEAVY AT TIMES... WILL PERSIST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON AND THEN INTO THE EVENING... GRADUALLY COMING TO AN END AFTER MIDNIGHT. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM SYSTEM. LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE ARE ALSO POSSIBLE TUESDAY MORNING.

REMEMBER... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR A HAZARDOUS WINTER STORM EVENT IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA. THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS. STAY TUNED FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THIS DEVELOPING WINTER WEATHER... AND BE PREPARED FOR DIFFICULT TRAVEL ON TUESDAY THIS WEEK.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I think you are being unfair to the Snow and there is no need to bash it here so openly. I bet you wish that there was no Snow at all. Please, let's all get along.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i dont care iam not a real fan of shoveling , but if it helps raise the water level let it snow baby !!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEGoose Posted on Jan 26 2004, 03:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you are being unfair to the Snow and there is no need to bash it here so openly. I bet you wish that there was no Snow at all. Please, let's all get along.

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jan 26 2004, 03:41 PM)I think you are being unfair to the Snow and there is no need to bash it here so openly. I bet you wish that there was no Snow at all. Please, let's all get along.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
just got back from farmer jack and have plenty of milk, bread, meat, cheese and booze to do me! roar on storm!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEsurfergirlck Posted on Jan 26 2004, 04:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just got back from farmer jack and have plenty of milk, bread, meat, cheese and booze to do me! roar on storm!

To do you?!?!?!?!?!?
You're into some strange things CK!!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 26 2004, 04:19 PM)just got back from farmer jack and have plenty of milk, bread, meat, cheese and booze to do me! roar on storm!

"...and plenty of booze to do me"
CK you crack me up girl!

I too did my running when it was snowing earlier and Manzella's was a mad house. I met 3 really sweet 80 something old italian peeps there which made my trip worthwhile - no, it made my DAY actually.

Off to the video store in a bit for .99 videos to help entertain the kids for a possible snow day (I accidentally typed a "t" at the end of snow and it said snot day until I corrected it) LMAO!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
It has been up graded to a Winter Storm WARNING!

Macomb County
Winter Storm Warning
Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 4:00 PM EST 1/26/04, expires at: 10:00 PM EST 1/26/04

Winter storm warning in effect through Tuesday evening.
The NWS in detroit/pontiac has issued a winter storm warning.
Periods of sleet and patchy light freezing rain will become more widespread overnight, and turn to all freezing rain after midnight. This will continue into early Tuesday morning, with significant ice accumulations possible, especially from metro detroit south.
Precipitation will then turn rapidly to snow during the morning with periods of heavy snow possible through about noon. Occasional light snow will persist through the afternoon and evening, with total accumulations of 2 to 4 inches expected from around metro detroit south, and 3 to 5 inches mainly to the west of us 23.
Be prepared for difficult travel through tomorrow as freezing rain and sleet increases across the area. Area roads could be very slick tuesday morning as the freezing rain turns to snow. Expect delays in your morning commute. Stay up to date on the latest statements concerning this developing winter storm.
Remember, a winter storm warning means severe winter weather conditions are imminent or highly likely. Significant amounts of snow, sleet, and ice are forecast. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible. Travel is discouraged. Commerce will likely be impacted. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case you become stranded. If you leave the safety of your home you are putting your life at risk. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts from the national weather service.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 26 2004, 04:58 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 26 2004, 04:19 PM) just got back from farmer jack and have plenty of milk, bread, meat, cheese and booze to do me! roar on storm!

"...and plenty of booze to do me"
CK you crack me up girl!

well, ya gotta think like laura ingalls from little house on the prarie... stock up for a storm! only they always forgot the moonshine! i'm sure THAT would have gotten them thru the winter a lot warmer!

a snot day?! lol! shandoggie! good one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts