Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I saw this in a article and changed it slightly but it captures what most of us do no matter the species:

The average Bass Fisherman has a sixteen to eighteen foot boat with a fifty to hundred and fifty horsepower motor.

On the front of his boat is another remote controlled, laser guided, bottom tracking, auto pilot electric motor large enough to chop up six to eight inch floating logs into toothpicks.

Next to this motor is a LCR locator with its multi-directional transducer attached to the bottom of his electric motor reading in all directions including straight up to detect flocks of feeding seagulls.

His boat will have two bass chairs to sit in while fishing which are more comfortable than any chair in his home, in which his wife sits while waiting for him to come home from fishing.

Seated behind the leather-covered steering wheel looking at the console he will have a speedometer, tachometer, in dash locator, air and water temperature gauge, and compass. You will also find an AM/FM Stereo Radio with a built in FM Marine radio and an array of switches for other various toys in the boat equaling the number of switches found in the space shuttle. On top of the console is another Graph/Locator with built-in GPS capabilities not to mention a bracket to hold his cellular phone.

Looking into his rod box we will see at least eight rod/reel combos all set up with various fishing lines from store string to the new multi-woven gelded polyethylene no stretch super braided lines. In his four tackle boxes he will have one hundred and twenty eight baits of which he will only use two.

The live well will be big enough to hold three legal limits of fish but will be used primarily for keeping a tourney limit of five bass alive. This Fishing Machine will be towed around on top of a trailer with a power winch, carpeted bottom and side bunks, air brakes and chrome wheels. It will be towed behind a four-wheel drive Suburban, Tahoe, Explorer, Sierra or Expedition.

The total value of this fishing package will run approximately $58,479.60 all to catch a Bass. Now I ask you, what do Bass Fishermen do with a Bass after the weigh-in?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just getting pumped for the boat show. Reading all the stuff on Combat fishing and thingking I need a faster boat in order to get out there faster. I got it Dave, just need it now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That would only be $88,941.60 Canadian and I take offense to the at least eight rod thing, no self respecting Bass Fishermen would leave home with less than a dozen (and a bakers dozen to boot)
Brad

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adapt, if it takes 13-21 not a problem, eh. Now for the four tackle boxes. Mine are the size of foot lockers. Kept a couple from my stint in the service. Four just about handle the equipment. And then there is the shore box.......and the extra space in the truck. So on and so on. Need a bigger barge to hold it all.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
"The average Bass Fisherman has a sixteen to eighteen foot boat with a fifty to hundred and fifty horsepower motor."

How much would you pay for this rig ohhfoopadoo? Depending on your answer we need to talk, because I could probably get you a better deal man.....or sell you some used equiptment so I can retire!

UNLESS you are pulling a Gambler or Ranger with an H2, I dont think this is that far off considering what was stated.

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
$88Grand, Canadian....LOL.....You guys STILL have the best "topless laws", bars, beer and fishing anywhere on the planet, (well...except for maybe Australia!!).......so what if it cost's you a 3rd world country's GNP just to live,...you guys ROCK!!!

Seeya soon!!
Mac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts