Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who partakes in this toiling work outside instead of hiring somebody???

I'm telling you, it'd be so much nicer to just pay somebody to do the work instead of getting all skankified out there and ruining a night! ARGH!

however, it does look purty and you have yourself to thank.

And I think that it must be a ton of calories burned!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I do my own yard work. I would love to hire it out. I did grounds keeping for summer jobs durring my school years and I wish I never had to cut another lawn or prun this or trim that.

But I'll never get my boat if I pay others to do what I am capable of doing myself.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Usually do my own.. unless we go somewhere for the weekend and i know i wont have time to ..
Its a endless cycle seems like some time you just get done doing one thing and something else you did 2 weeks b 4 needs trimming again..

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I haven't had to do yard work in awhile. I sprayed roundup about a month ago and that took care of it. I really need to do something about the yard though. I'm sick or looking at dirt/weeds. Can't justify taking a weekend from boating to work in the yard. One of these days.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I'm allergic to grass pollen so i don't cut it. I would hire someone only because I'm a sniffly, sneezy sorry looking thing when I do cut the grass <_< but since Kenny does it, nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hire major work..do small work like cut grass, trim etc.

Hired company to landscape entire yard when bought new house. Verry Happy with decision. Go to work, come home, all done. Would of taken me many nights and weekends to do what this crew did in two days. Plus if the crap dies, they come out and replant new shrubs/trees.

First house did on my own....looked good, but that was before owning a boat and had plenty of spare time.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I actually do all of my own. I was a landscape foreman for many years. (Loved my job). I have seen too many hack company's out there and I am too picky about how things get done. Just easier to do it myself. ( Now if I can just get the new places yard to look good.)

And your right burns lots of calories. I have never been in as good a shape as I was working landscape.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We do everything ourselves, I enjoy the work. I am allergic to almost everything out doors, but the reactin helps for the most part.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Chris and I do all of own yard work. We have a huge garden this year which is keeping Aiden and I busy. We both cut the grass.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I have a roommate that owes me so much cash that I send him out in the yard to work it off. Also he's for hire if anyone needs labor. He's not very smart but is a work horse.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Jul 7 2004, 09:08 AM)I am allergic to almost everything out doors.
You too? I was getting allergy shots once a week for almost two years, but stopped. My zyrtec seems to work well enough, but not great.

I will survive! I didn't mind cutting the grass, but if i don't have to do it

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
My wife and I always do the yard work. All 2 acres of it. Each week I cut the grass and weedwack.. Or, my son cuts the grass and I weedwack. My wife waters and we both pull weeds. We have 33 fruit trees to care for also. We did give up gardening. It's cheaper just to stop at a roadside stand and purchase veg's.
ANd, everything you look at in our yard I'm allergic to. Years of taking allergy shots have helped.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I hire mine out. Just the lawn cutting though. It's so nice to come home to a nicely cut lawn and not have to waste a Sat or Sun to do it. Plus I'm on a corner lot and have alot of ditch to cut. Much easier to pay someone

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I belive you should do it all yourself you get a tan while doing it and you can take pride in your own work.

The onlt ones that need gardners are the super rich old ladies that refuse to get dirty and want young eye candy out there while they are bathing in the sun. (you know just like in the movies)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
yep its sucks. been slackin this year though, gotta go blow some cash at Depot and get some of those retaining wall stones and pretty up the front yard. and some cedar chips. I live on a main street USA with a "curb appeal" house so yeah....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts