Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....next week on the lake during Jobbie Nooner? I'm not going to participate by any means, but my Dad will be here fishing, and we'll be on the lake. So the huge raft-up aside, how bad is the lake and the traffic? He knows to expect boat traffic and the usual craziness, but I've not been out on the lake during JN yet. I was out last year July 4th...is it similar to that kind of traffic? He can handle the fun and games, but if it's going to be foolish to even be on the water that day, we'll go fish some other lake.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
It never stops me, not that anything much ever does.
I just avoid the Gull Island area and be careful when and where I launch and what time I head in.
Common sense and watching out for others who may not be using their own common sense works well enough. There are plenty of good fishing areas to be able to stay out of the way of those who are in party mode. Most seen to head out early enough and stay out late enough to not be a problem for me.
Just keep your eyes open and be safe, you should be fine.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I tried to go out fishing last year during it and it was not fun a lot of traffic on the water and the fishing wasn't all that great. But if you do go out good luck and be safe.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. I figured as much, and I don't mind avoiding crowds, I just don't want to put my Dad in a situation where it goes from being a busy day on the lake to us not even being able to fish because of relentless boat traffic, even beyond the center of activity. I imagine Harley and Selridge are pretty clogged then huh?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Jeff it's a big lake.

h

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Harley and Metro are crazy, not sure about Selfridge. I'll probably launch at 9 Mile and stay closr to the south end of the lake. Worked out well last year, got on the water about 10:00am and fished until around 6:00 or 7:00, and missed most of the traffic. Never had any problem with boat traffic, once the gang gets there they tend to stay a while.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would not be caught dead anywhere near anchor bay or anywhere in the northern part of the lake next Friday. As Laura said, stay to the southern part of the lake and it will be no differant. Alot of the popular marinas are in that area and youll have 30 footers buzzing around you all day long. Stay south of Metro and it should be fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is also a serious question...hopefully isnt a dumb one tho lol...

What is this jobbie nooner you speak of? not aware of what goes down on this day...?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
2nd busiest day on the lake. The raft up is worse.

I replied to your PM Esox. Good luck. I will be out that day but probably on the other side.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
What the heck is jobbie nooner??? First time I heard that term. Sounds like something you might get from the wife after coming home early from work

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What the heck is jobbie nooner??? First time I heard that term. Sounds like something you might get from the wife after coming home early from work

Lots of boats, lots of alcohol, lots of topless women...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
becareful...the following link is NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK) it contains graphic images and no minor should see it!!!!!

Dont say I didnt warn you!!!!!

You really want to see it???

ok, you made it this far....its on you

www.jobbienooner.com

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
clickable version:

ww.jobbienooner.com

Edit-Sorry Laura, I killed the link. Got a PM from a dad who clicked it....even with Mini's warning and saw what he saw (which was way more than just topless!
) and was worried his kid or another kid could see the pics too easily by clicking. So let's just say that someone should Google 'jobbie nooner' if they want to navigate the web there themselves, and we'll not hyperlink to it from LSCN, though I'm sure there's a hundred links elsewhere here that have been posted just this week.

Jeff

Fair enough and not a problem

·
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What the heck is jobbie nooner??? First time I heard that term. Sounds like something you might get from the wife after coming home early from work

Topless women!!!!!!!!!
HMMMMMMMM....I might have to check that out. I need to find my binoculars

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 19 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds good. I figured as much, and I don't mind avoiding crowds, I just don't want to put my Dad in a situation where it goes from being a busy day on the lake to us not even being able to fish because of relentless boat traffic, even beyond the center of activity. I imagine Harley and Selridge are pretty clogged then huh?

A good example of when a canadien license comes in handy!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What the heck is jobbie nooner??? First time I heard that term. Sounds like something you might get from the wife after coming home early from work

Topless women!!!!!!!!!

not JUST topless

But dont leave your boat unattended. In the past few years theft is becoming a big problem. These are not the same type of "boaters" you would encounter on a normal weekend on the lake. This really is amateur hour on the lake.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 19 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 19 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds good. I figured as much, and I don't mind avoiding crowds, I just don't want to put my Dad in a situation where it goes from being a busy day on the lake to us not even being able to fish because of relentless boat traffic, even beyond the center of activity. I imagine Harley and Selridge are pretty clogged then huh?

A good example of when a canadien license comes in handy!

For some, not for me, refer to my signature.

·
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jun 19 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 19 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What the heck is jobbie nooner??? First time I heard that term. Sounds like something you might get from the wife after coming home early from work

Topless women!!!!!!!!!

not JUST topless

But dont leave your boat unattended. In the past few years theft is becoming a big problem. These are not the same type of "boaters" you would encounter on a normal weekend on the lake. This really is amateur hour on the lake.

Sounds like bike week but with boats instead of motorcycles

1 - 20 of 33 Posts