Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a club tournament on LSC sunday. We launched out of St. Jean at 6 and fished till 2. Somewhat of a slow day, as most of our good spots were not worth fishing due to the wind, and the waves that resulted. We did not have a keeper in te boat untill 7:15, and that first keeper ended up being the biggest bass of the tourney. That bass that i caught ended up weighing 4.75lbs and took big bass, along with big bass we managed to win the tournament.

Im 15 and the youngest person in our club. It felt AWESOME to bring in that big smallie and to see the faces on our competitors. The second big bass only managed to weight 3.3lbs compared to my 4.75.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished a club tournament on LSC sunday. We launched out of St. Jean at 6 and fished till 2. Somewhat of a slow day, as most of our good spots were not worth fishing due to the wind, and the waves that resulted. We did not have a keeper in te boat untill 7:15, and that first keeper ended up being the biggest bass of the tourney. That bass that i caught ended up weighing 4.75lbs and took big bass, along with big bass we managed to win the tournament.

Im 15 and the youngest person in our club. It felt AWESOME to bring in that big smallie and to see the faces on our competitors. The second big bass only managed to weight 3.3lbs compared to my 4.75.

WTG!!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Great Job......I can't remember seeing you post on it..Have you been fishing the BASS jr and TBF jr state fish offs??? If not they are a great opportunity for Jr anglers....If you need info shoot me a pm...
Brian

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm pretty proud of him. He's not only a good fisherman but a good young man. I really enjoy the time we spend fishing together.

He pretty much kicked my butt on Sunday. Out of 5 tournaments we have fished with them he has had big bass twice.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
QUOTE(bassassassin @ Jul 28 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm pretty proud of him. He's not only a good fisherman but a good young man. I really enjoy the time we spend fishing together.

He pretty much kicked my butt on Sunday. Out of 5 tournaments we have fished with them he has had big bass twice.

That's what it's all about!!! Nice job JR!!!!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 27 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished a club tournament on LSC sunday. We launched out of St. Jean at 6 and fished till 2. Somewhat of a slow day, as most of our good spots were not worth fishing due to the wind, and the waves that resulted. We did not have a keeper in te boat untill 7:15, and that first keeper ended up being the biggest bass of the tourney. That bass that i caught ended up weighing 4.75lbs and took big bass, along with big bass we managed to win the tournament.

Awesome lil story!! and Congrats on the double win!!!!!! Sure does feel good I bet
Good stuff!!!!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Excellent!!! Way to go! ><{{{{{{{*>

If you don't mind my asking, what did you catch the fish on, did you get a length on the fish, and what was your total poundage for the day?

Congrats!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Jul 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent!!! Way to go! ><{{{{{{{*>

If you don't mind my asking, what did you catch the fish on, did you get a length on the fish, and what was your total poundage for the day?

Congrats!

caught him on a tube, not more than 5 yards from the boat. He measured right around 20 1/4 inches. but he was FAT.

Total weight was around 14 1/2 lbs i think. But i had another big one break off that would have gave us another 2 pounds or so.

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 28 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Jul 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent!!! Way to go! ><{{{{{{{*>

Congrats!

caught him on a tube, not more than 5 yards from the boat. He measured right around 20 1/4 inches. but he was FAT.

Total weight was around 14 1/2 lbs i think. But i had another big one break off that would have gave us another 2 pounds or so.

I had just made a cast when Jr. caught her. I dropped the pole and got the net letting my grub just drag. After I netted the fish I had one on when I picked my pole back up. It was a pretty good fish but I lost it. They were in about 4.5 ft of water. Later in the day we moved to a spot I have on the Belle River hump. I had one on in the first 5 minutes that would have helped but lost it. Maybe 10 minutes later I caught a 3.5 lber. At this point the wind was really picking up and the waves were rolling over the front. I could of put a drift sock out and dragged but elected to head back to where we started. It paid off because Jr was able to cull our 3 smallest. We ended up with 3-4 limits.

Most of the fish came on Snack Daddy Elite tubes with homemade jigs. The only other thing we caught them on were Booyah and Nichols spinnerbaits, white and firetiger were the colors in 1/2 and 3/4 oz. We would burn them just below the surface. One trick I like to do is downsize the blade of the spinnerbait. Most fish were caught between 4.5-7.5 ft of water. Only one was from 14 ft out at Belle River hump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.