Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Why didn't he wack it with his pattle? Protected or not I'd of knocked the d.mn thing out

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 12 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why didn't he wack it with his pattle? Protected or not I'd of knocked the d.mn thing out

While you are filming it? why incrimiate yourself and since he claims to be a professional angler, I dont think any of his psonsors would keep him around long for harming a protected bird....

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Mini @ Feb 12 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 12 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why didn't he wack it with his pattle? Protected or not I'd of knocked the d.mn thing out

While you are filming it? why incrimiate yourself and since he claims to be a professional angler, I dont think any of his psonsors would keep him around long for harming a protected bird....

It looked and sounded like a farm goose to me, and they're known for getting shitty with people. Their protected status varies from state to state, but they're not federally protected. Either way, the dude handled it with a much much much better attitude than I would have!

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
To the best of my knowledge not protected, its a farm goose(now if he is fishing a farm, different story) And I believe if you are under unprovoked attack by any any animal, you have the right to defent yourself. I know if farm ducks or geese come in during the duck season, they do not count against our bag(but I would stop at 6 regardless)

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Feb 12 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 12 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why didn't he wack it with his pattle? Protected or not I'd of knocked the d.mn thing out

There are somethings you just don't show. And that edit feature usually works nice too

·
Registered
526 Posts
That was pretty funny....check out this guy and the 44" musky attached to his hand in his kayak!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Okay, I will ask. How do you embed one of those "youtubes"? ......................Ah please.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Feb 12 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Okay, I will ask. How do you embed one of those "youtubes"? ......................Ah please.

Jim

When you click "ADD REPLY" and not "FAST REPLY" you'll get the full reply screen. Over on the left is "Insert: YouTube." Click that, and from YouTube copy and paste the video's ID into the "content" box, hit "OK" and you're good to go.

http://www.youtube.com/v/glrU4JKV1SI

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Feb 12 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To the best of my knowledge not protected, its a farm goose(now if he is fishing a farm, different story) And I believe if you are under unprovoked attack by any any animal, you have the right to defent yourself. I know if farm ducks or geese come in during the duck season, they do not count against our bag(but I would stop at 6 regardless)

Yep two shots to COM, assess the threat, and one to the head

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My uncle had a farm goose. It was his "watch goose". That thing was meaner than a 2 junkyard dogs. It bit my a$$ everytime it saw me.
That darn thing was mean and disgusting up until I chopped it's head off , he crapped on me! Mad a tough dinner too.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Feb 13 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My uncle had a farm goose. It was his "watch goose". That thing was meaner than a 2 junkyard dogs. It bit my a$ everytime it saw me.
That darn thing was mean and disgusting up until I chopped it's head off , he crapped on me! Mad a tough dinner too.

LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.