Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He walks by the guy sanding a part on the disc sander... He asks if he can try....ZZZZWWWIIINNNNGGGG!!!!! it get ripped out of his hand, and takes off like a rocket....

Yeah, that was me this morning, trying to polish the nose ring for Tigs Toy II!!!! You gotta really lay into the wheel to get the shine on a piece of 304SS.... One little slip, and SEEE YAAA!!!
Boy that thing took off!!!!

Useless post, just thought of Tommy Boy when it happened.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Garry @ Oct 5 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He walks by the guy sanding a part on the disc sander... He asks if he can try....ZZZZWWWIIINNNNGGGG!!!!! it get ripped out of his hand, and takes off like a rocket....

Yeah, that was me this morning, trying to polish the nose ring for Tigs Toy II!!!! You gotta really lay into the wheel to get the shine on a piece of 304SS.... One little slip, and SEEE YAAA!!!

QUOTE(Secret Agent @ Oct 5 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I love that movie.

I quote from it frequently

Yes you do
A few weekends ago I think you quoted from it at LEAST 10 times in a matter of a couple hours...LOL

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
When I was in auto shop in high school, I was in line behind a girl waiting for the grinder. We had to grind down our exhaust valves or something for whatever reason... Well, there was an apparatus to use to keep the valve from doing that very same thing (flying off). I was all prepared and stoked to get a passing grade when I looked ahead and the girl was holding her valve with a pair of pliers!!! This grinding wheel is moving at a high RPMs mind you...

About 3 seconds after I saw her with the pliers I heard "Ping... ZINGGGG... BANG!" The valve flew away and we never found it. I think it hit a ceiling rafter and got stuck up there
Thank God nobody was hurt!

Luckily the shop teacher was out of the room at the time, because she would've been in BIG trouble.

·
Registered
761 Posts
At least you didn't hurt yourself checking the specs on the rotary girder...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 5 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Garry @ Oct 5 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He walks by the guy sanding a part on the disc sander... He asks if he can try....ZZZZWWWIIINNNNGGGG!!!!! it get ripped out of his hand, and takes off like a rocket....

Yes you do
A few weekends ago I think you quoted from it at LEAST 10 times in a matter of a couple hours...LOL

"house keeepiing....need pillow?...."

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Oct 5 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 5 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Garry @ Oct 5 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He walks by the guy sanding a part on the disc sander... He asks if he can try....ZZZZWWWIIINNNNGGGG!!!!! it get ripped out of his hand, and takes off like a rocket....

Yes you do

"house keeepiing....need pillow?...."

"You want me jer......."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts