Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
How come nobody ever starts sh*t in the cook book? I've been back on for a couple of days now and I've already caught the attention of some fanatics.

I know why. Cause NOBODY hates food. Except bulimics and anorexics. But they're not real people, cause they don't eat!

Me personally, I think it's cause TONY keeps this place on lock down. He's like the Sherriff of Naughtyham in this bitch. But this is my lil haven. I come here, and I look at old recipes, and some of stephanie or 3crabs' lil quips and... I think to myself... what a wonderful world!! (a lil Louis Armstrong in there for my peoples)

Ok so I don't get bitched at for not posting a recipe (
yeah right that's why I came here to talk freely with no inhibitions or premonitions of vindication), here's one for you guys.

I call it, "Twice Miked Potatoes"

Microwave one russet potato for each person, takes about 7-10 minutes on high depending on your Mic. But don't Mic them seperately, because that would be not brilliant. I'd say at most 5-6 potatoes at any one time, or just Mic longer!

Cool, cut in half, and scoop out the inside with a spoon into a bowl. Be sure to leave some potato meat in the skin to form a lil wall for structure. If you screw one up, well you'll die in a firy hell blaze, or you will throw that one out and just overstuff a few. Mix the goods with butter, salt, pepper, bacon bits (i use the oscar meijer bacon bits from the salad aisle) and some shredded colby-jack or mild cheddar and repack into your potatoes.

Mic for another minute, top with a half-dollup of sour cream, and go to town!

For a classic twist on this recipe, try my "thrice Miked Potatoes"!!

Place twice miked potatoes in a microwave safe dish, and mic for one minute or till warm throughout. Top with a half-dollup of sour cream, and go to town! Again!

I'm still working on my "Frice Miked Potatoes" but i'm still working on the recipe.

Now that's some dun dun dun din din din Good Eats!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damnit! You're absolutely right! I hate when your significant other doesn't like something, and you don't get it because of that. Do you have any idea how much I miss mushrooms!?!?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Stacey always says i'm at least good for 3 things:

A good meal.

A good laugh.

And A good lay.

Not always in that order of course.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nobody starts sh*t in this forum because the muskie fanatics don't visit it. (lol)

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(sarc @ Jun 28 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nobody starts sh*t in this forum because the muskie fanatics don't visit it. (lol)

Nobody knows that better than me after the flogging I received for posting that beauty we caught out of season!!!

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jun 25 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How come nobody ever starts sh*t in the cook book? I've been back on for a couple of days now and I've already caught the attention of some fanatics.

I know why. Cause NOBODY hates food. Except bulimics and anorexics. But they're not real people, cause they don't eat!

Me personally, I think it's cause TONY keeps this place on lock down. He's like the Sherriff of Naughtyham in this bitch. But this is my lil haven. I come here, and I look at old recipes, and some of stephanie or 3crabs' lil quips and... I think to myself... what a wonderful world!! (a lil Louis Armstrong in there for my peoples)

Ok so I don't get bitched at for not posting a recipe (
yeah right that's why I came here to talk freely with no inhibitions or premonitions of vindication), here's one for you guys.

I call it, "Twice Miked Potatoes"

Microwave one russet potato for each person, takes about 7-10 minutes on high depending on your Mic. But don't Mic them seperately, because that would be not brilliant. I'd say at most 5-6 potatoes at any one time, or just Mic longer!

Cool, cut in half, and scoop out the inside with a spoon into a bowl. Be sure to leave some potato meat in the skin to form a lil wall for structure. If you screw one up, well you'll die in a firy hell blaze, or you will throw that one out and just overstuff a few. Mix the goods with butter, salt, pepper, bacon bits (i use the oscar meijer bacon bits from the salad aisle) and some shredded colby-jack or mild cheddar and repack into your potatoes.

Mic for another minute, top with a half-dollup of sour cream, and go to town!

For a classic twist on this recipe, try my "thrice Miked Potatoes"!!

Place twice miked potatoes in a microwave safe dish, and mic for one minute or till warm throughout. Top with a half-dollup of sour cream, and go to town! Again!

I'm still working on my "Frice Miked Potatoes" but i'm still working on the recipe.

Now that's some dun dun dun din din din Good Eats!

Bastard! Now the droves of new grumpy itches that have infiltrated the fishing reports forum will be slinging their crap around here.
Not sure what happened since you left but things have become awfully combative around LSCN. Oh well, if you don't like it don't read it I guess. Glad to see you are back online and back to work, congrats! We should get out fishing soon.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Jun 28 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bastard! Now the droves of new grumpy itches that have infiltrated the fishing reports forum will be slinging their crap around here.
Not sure what happened since you left but things have become awfully combative around LSCN. Oh well, if you don't like it don't read it I guess. Glad to see you are back online and back to work, congrats! We should get out fishing soon.

We DEFININTELY gotta get out fishing.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jun 25 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How come nobody ever starts sh*t in the cook book? I've been back on for a couple of days now and I've already caught the attention of some fanatics.

Way wrong. People gave me crap when I was discussing my Cherry upside down cake. They told me I was all wrong and that I couldn't make a cake like that or tried to call it a dump cake. I actually gave up seeking advise and created the recipe in my own head.

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Aug 11 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jun 25 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How come nobody ever starts sh*t in the cook book? I've been back on for a couple of days now and I've already caught the attention of some fanatics.

Way wrong. People gave me crap when I was discussing my Cherry upside down cake. They told me I was all wrong and that I couldn't make a cake like that or tried to call it a dump cake. I actually gave up seeking advise and created the recipe in my own head.

LOL
Its food people!!!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Aug 11 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jun 25 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How come nobody ever starts sh*t in the cook book? I've been back on for a couple of days now and I've already caught the attention of some fanatics.

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Aug 11 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who called the Food Police???
Food is as personal as someone's undergarments, you gotta go with what you like.

I thought that I was the only freak that thought of sexy undergarments as food

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Aug 21 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Aug 11 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who called the Food Police???
Food is as personal as someone's undergarments, you gotta go with what you like.

I thought that I was the only freak that thought of sexy undergarments as food

I just had a health inspection, and don't think undergarments, especially worn, would have passed. I have never eaten undies.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts