Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about 3 hours of casting for Musky's I decided that I may as well change gears and try to catch a few smallie's. So I went deeper than I had been fishing and started to crawl a tube when I landed a nice 18 inch walleye and right behind it was a big Musky. I changed rods and began casting the bucktail and had a great follow but no strike. Continued for a while with the Musky rig but went back to the tube but kept an eye on my finder. All of sudden I marked a big school of baitfish and 2 huge arches, so back to the Musky rig. Sure enough here came a 40-45 incher and wham a short lived hook up with a really big fish. Moral of the story...you never know on LSC.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
[quote name='Doug_MI' date='Sep 11 2009, 10:18 PM' post='918869']
So after about 3 hours of casting for Musky's I decided that I may as well change gears and try to catch a few smallie's. So I went deeper than I had been fishing and started to crawl a tube when I landed a nice 18 inch walleye and right behind it was a big Musky. I changed rods and began casting the bucktail and had a great follow but no strike. Continued for a while with the Musky rig but went back to the tube but kept an eye on my finder. All of sudden I marked a big school of baitfish and 2 huge arches, so back to the Musky rig. Sure enough here came a 40-45 incher and wham a short lived hook up with a really big fish. Moral of the story...you never know on LSC.
[/quote

On any given cast. You never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.