Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Since my "real" bed is in the room that's been under construction for 8 months...

I sleep in the guest bedroom and have brought my bedding down (and just bought some new schtuff)

What you see is my untouched white cloud (sorry for the sleep wrinkle marks in the pillows!):

Foam pad
mattress pad
feather bed topped in down (new)
1000 thread count sateen sheets from Overstock (new)
down comforter
2 new down pillows
2 queen sized pillows (my favorite!!!) from the early ninetys (bought from QVC of course)

And I sleep buried in all the down! head under a pillow, pillow between legs...

not the same as my fab bed upstairs... but it works!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What helps you sleep?

A case of beer, puts me out everytime.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Now let's see, ... what can be Photoshopped onto that bed? <_<

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 24 2003, 07:17 AM)Since my "real" bed is in the room that's been under construction for 8 months...

I sleep in the guest bedroom and have brought my bedding down (and just bought some new schtuff)

What you see is my untouched white cloud (sorry for the sleep wrinkle marks in the pillows!):

Foam pad
mattress pad
feather bed topped in down (new)
1000 thread count sateen sheets from Overstock (new)
down comforter
2 new down pillows
2 queen sized pillows (my favorite!!!) from the early ninetys (bought from QVC of course)

And I sleep buried in all the down! head under a pillow, pillow between legs...

not the same as my fab bed upstairs... but it works!
Hey pauligan, does that featherbed you sleep on make you hot at night? I have a wonferful down comforter (overstock) that i can't use because i sweat with it. So i've been using my Cozy nautica comforter...anyways..looking for a featherbed and i dont want to purchase one if it'd going to make me hot.

thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nothing helps me sleep........ I'm a natural insomniac most of the time. Last night I clocked about 2 hours of broken sleep.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi MJ:

You know... honestly I'm disappointed with my featherbed from overstock... it's not as "sinking into" as I wanted... it's actually rather firm... but, it doesn't make me hot; the comforter does and I have to shift that around at times so only pieces of my body are covered and even use a quilt instead... but havn't noticed a difference with the featherbed...

**but I am sleeping better for the first time in weeks since putting it on there**

hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 24 2003, 08:22 AM)Hi MJ:

You know... honestly I'm disappointed with my featherbed from overstock... it's not as "sinking into" as I wanted... it's actually rather firm... but, it doesn't make me hot; the comforter does and I have to shift that around at times so only pieces of my body are covered and even use a quilt instead... but havn't noticed a difference with the featherbed...

**but I am sleeping better for the first time in weeks since putting it on there**

hope that helps!
Ok, i was looking at those featherbeds on overstock over the weekend..and was contemplating purchasing one (free shipping on featherbeds/down comforters) but glad i didn't.
Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Pauline, my bed looks exactly like yours with all the white comforters and pillows too funny. I get hot with mine too MJ, I love the way the comforter feels tho, especially when your nekid all wrapped up in it!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
my bed is the same too - got the white down comforter with the down fluffy pillows - LOVE IT! Northern Nights collection from QVC Pauline

I have to sleep with a "cuddle pillow" tucked under my stomach with my leg wrapped over another and the window cracked a bit. Fresh air in the room makes me sleep like a baby. ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Nov 24 2003, 09:09 AM)Nothing helps me sleep........ I'm a natural insomniac most of the time. Last night I clocked about 2 hours of broken sleep.
I'll go with what Big said, although now it will probablybe worse while I lay there thinking of all of you figuratively hot girls getting physically hot. Or maybe that'll help after all the hyperventalating.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Not about a bed or comfort or anything. For me it's all about having my ear scratched. Could sleep on a bed of nails if someone would do that!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
my bed is soooooooo comfy i hate to get out of it. i have a featherbed, sheets from docker's, down comforter (i need a new one!) tucked into a duvet cover i made, and a ton of pillows. i throw off a TON of body heat, but i never seem to have a problem with being too hot in bed with both down comforter & fether bed.

unless i'm not alone.

with my pillows, when i sleep, i have two under my head, and one on each side of me so whenever i roll over i have one to snuggle onto, so the pillows are shaped like
|__| lol!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We got a down comforter with duvet cover last christmas and it is really hot. I actually prefer a regular comforter.
For us, the sheets must be at least 310 single weave thread count, egyption cotten
Must have a fan or air purifier on to block out the noise. Must have my hubby next to me for a good night sleep also!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I, once again added my 2 cents with out reading the thread.

2 cents= about 10 or 15 beers hads me sleep just fine, its the waking up part thats difficult.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Here's the picture Pauline didn't want us to see of her bed

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    86.1 KB Views: 1
1 - 20 of 55 Posts