Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ok come on tell us what you will use to start this new year off.

I'll be pike fishing and will be using a steel leader married to a #3 Mepps Aglia.

h2o<---says be honest now. lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hmmmm...good question H2O...I've narrowed it down to three: a chub-colored Rapala LC, a Silver and Black Rogue, or a jig.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well for me it will be a toss up between the perch rig or the J13 Rapala for the pike. Most likely it will be both with the perch rig hanging off the side of the boat while I fling away with the Rapala. Of course that is only the first cast I am sure within the next 50 casts following there will be at least 5 changes.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good chance I'll have a tube tied on looking for largemouths the 1st time out. I pretty much haven't stopped using a tube since I first started two years ago. For those who haven't tried it, they work just as good for largemouths as they do smallies.

·
Registered
927 Posts
no doubt about it i will be throwing a 1/8 oz terminator jig in blk/blue with a zoom super chunk jr in black. i will be throwing this on 8 lb stren green. a kent lake smallie favorite.

for my second cast i will throw a suspending rogue. color not yet determined.

then im gonna go find jcheetam and make fun of him for fishing in 1 foot of water until he shows the 5 lb largemouth. then im gonna throw on the baby 1 minus and try to out do him. LOL!!!!!

madman himself

·
Registered
97 Posts
I already made my first casts. The very first was a clown Husky Jerk. Next was a 1oz. Red Eye five of diamonds. Next day I was back with a bunny strips and clousers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
50:50 chance between a perch rig and a tear drop below a slip bobber.

Hopefully, I'll know for sure tomorrow as we're planning to head out in the morning.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I`ll be using a jig with a twister tail tipped with a shiner on the Detroit River for some trophy `eyes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Toss up between J13 Chartreuse/White Rapala (Belle Isle), a teardrop with a wax worm (Harsen's Island), or a perch rig (St Clair). So much great fishing coming our way!! We are so lucky to able to fish these waters!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
First through one hundred will be a one ounce Brass red eye on 12 pound mono going after Pike. Second hundred wi;ll be a 2/5 ounce silver and blue Cleo on 6 pound mono for Pike and Walleye along shore. Spring is Springing WOW. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
PS No steel leaders for me more fish that way. Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty sure it will be a 4 inch tube or a Sticko(BPS version of Senko) followed up by a White Dixie Dancer Spinnerbait w/trailer hook. Looking for that big early Largemouth.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A baby brush hog- watermelon candy- Texas rigged. Drag it on the bottom in 6 feet of water and hang on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a great idea on what im gonna try, im going back to the basics, a stick, and old piece of string , a safety pin, and piece of hot dog.......lol it might work to catch some bait

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'll most likely be throwing a white spinner bait on Lakeville for some pike because it's close to home.

If I make it to St. Clair first then I will probably be Crappie fishing with Mini....That's always a good time.

If I fish Pontiac Lake first, then I'll grab Mac and we'll whack some bass on a 7" black worm like last April.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks now i can go get all those lure's. LOL Looks like there's no warm up in sight so it looks like April will be the time to go. Darn it. Spring in 9 days.

h2o<---says it's almost TIME!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts