Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4lb. and the #3 Mepps Silver Aglia plain is my first cast soon.

What lure will you cast first?

h2o

Attachments

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Mar 12 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>4lb. and the #3 Mepps Silver Aglia plain is my first cast soon.

h2o

I already casted my first cast into open water this season. It was a blue top, chrome belly 4 inch floating rapala in the Clinton river for some pike. Lost my lure in a snag the first cast!!! Hope it's not an omen for things to come this season on the soft water LOL

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 12 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(h2o @ Mar 12 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>4lb. and the #3 Mepps Silver Aglia plain is my first cast soon.

h2o

I already casted my first cast into open water this season. It was a blue top, chrome belly 4 inch floating rapala in the Clinton river for some pike. Lost my lure in a snag the first cast!!! Hope it's not an omen for things to come this season on the soft water LOL

Iggy, consider that your down payment to the Fish Gods. You should have a great year, after such an early payment.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
For bass it will be a 3/4oz Strike King Red Eye rattle trap in sexy shad color but before that I plan on dropping some jigs in the D for some eyes.

Rattle trap baby whoooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! got get another one of these maybe a bigger one this year

Water Vertebrate Fin Fish Fisherman

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I didn't actually cast but did drop a chartreuse jig with a smelt Fin-S minnow.

·
Registered
992 Posts
A hook with a night crawler 1.5' below the bober. If the bluey's don't bite then a perch pattern 6" rapala suspending to get the pike thats in there

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
1st Cast for Bass will be a #3 Mepp's Rainbow no hair. For Muskie a #12 "The Ten Thumb's".

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Took my first cast yesterday to test a new rod and reel. Threw a chrome and blue rat'l trap. Too bad pike season closes in just a few days.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts