Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did your parents have cool cars, do you remember them?

1.my dad had a cool eldorado
2. my mom had a burt reynolds, smoky and the bandit trans am, way cool.
3 my dad also had a sweet 69 vette
4 parents also has 2 vettes, a 78, and an 80 in 82, and dad also had a chrysler wagon then.
mom had a 64 conv comet as her first car ! sweet, seen pics
then she got a 68 390 gold cougar
dad had a sweet buick gs
also a sweet challenger 340 4 spd
alot more but these were the cool ones

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
My Dad: '64 Lemans
Lisa: The '64 GTO! He $hit when I brought that over to show him!

My Mom: ?? Corverre (s/p) People would always stare when we put groceries in the hood!

Purple Gremlin the same time they were looking for the child molester that had one, too. Think the pervs was blue.....That car was not cool..........it was butt-ugly as in fugly!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
PARENTS HAD A 65 DODGE MANACO,
69 BARACUDA,
74 CHALLENGER,
SEBRING STATION WAGON(JUST LIKE THE ONE ON BRADY BUNCH) PEA GREEN,
A PLYMOUTH VAN,
78 CORDOBA,
79 LEBARON TOWN AND COUNTRY STATION WAGON,
86 5th AVENUE,
PLYMOUTH MINI VANS TO DATE

·
Registered
409 Posts
My dad was on the cheap side, they didn't believe in credit or paying anything but cash for cars.

1967 Dodge Coronet - only one bought new for $2500
1973 Pontiac Catalina
1978 Chevette
1974 Ford LTD
1971 Dodge Newport

They didn't sell these when they were done with them, they towed them to the junk yard!!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nothing cool. back then.

1968 Ford LTD
1973 Ford LTD, POS from day 1.
1969 Chevy Impala
Various small cars during the "gas shortage"

Now, dad has a 2000 Convertible Vette. My step mom bought it for his 60th birthday. She was really thinking when she ordered his vanity plate. I don't want to post it for the whole world to see but it keeps me from asking to borrow the car. <_<

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
LOL nice subject

Monte carlo & leBaron
1962 corvette
1977 corvette
lumina z34 (2 of them one grey one black)
79 eldorado with a kick a$$ cb radio
1985 chevy blazer
buick skylark
1991 corvette coupe *can we say mid-life crisis*

·
Registered
481 Posts
dad had a ford galaxy 500
mom had a plymouth sattelite, didnt realize how much of a bad a$$ car that one was till they sold it to the kid down the street who put sweet wheels on it, lol.
then dad got a ford econoline van, complete with a keypad horn thing that played like 99 diff tunes
then mom got a plymouth horizon, manual steering, manual brakes, it was like driving a bumper car.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
god. i don't know if i can remember all of them, but i remember my dad having some way cool ford when they got married in 68 (he loved that car. too bad i don't know what it is), then i seem to remember a green gremlin and a volare station wagon.
after the folks hit the lottery, we had suburbans every year...the newest, most updated ones with all the toys.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
BK (before kids) my dad had a '67 camaro convertible that he bought new for I believe around $3000. It had a manual trans and he put a 427 in it.

The car I remember was the old station wagon with the wood grain panels.... It rocked!!! Reminds me of the National Lampoon's Family Vacation!!! It had the seats in the very back that folded up from the floor.

The other rockin' mobile was the Plymouth Voyager.

Also had a Ford Crown Victoria at some point. That car was a total slug.

Early 80's conversion van with a tv!!!! I had braggin' rights in the 5th grade. The back seat folded down into a bed and there was a cooler in the very back. Parents got rid of it before I started driving... wonder why they did that???

1930 Chevy sedan. That car was a ton of fun until my dad decided to restore it removing every nut and bolt. Needless to say, he still has the car.... it is in the barn all apart. Hasn't touched it too much since mom and dad got divorced. I see a project in my future.

'90 Chevy 454ss my dad bought when I was 16. I thought it was my bday present. I was kinda upset when it wasn't but I still drove it more than him. He couldn't figure out why the tires needed replaced so often.

I smashed that truck up pretty good. My brothers and I were following our dad and stepmom to our relatives on Thanksgiving day and I hit a deer on I75 near Pine Knob. I was bumbed out.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My Dad had a Datsun Z28, I think thats what its called it was back in 1984, I remember it being a black sports car with leather. My mom drove the station wagons and mini vans.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I vividly recall my dad pulling up in the brand new brown (seemed like tinted windows) Thunderbird in the 70's... I remember thinking we were all rich and stuff.

Before that was an el camino.

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
geez...
64 rambler stn wgn
71 catalina conv
69 vw karmen ghia
71 3/4ton chevy w/ camper
74 vega
75 olds 98 conv
66 bug
some of many

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
First car my mom had, (first second family car) was a
'69 'Stang, rag-top.
Sold it for about $1,000 3 years later.
What would it be worth today??

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
'51 Plymouth, Purple
'54 Chevy, Two Tone Med. Green and Lime Green
'56 Chevy Nomad Wagon, Red and White
When I started driving in the '68, they owned a Forest Green Mercury Station Wagon. I was really stylin' on dates in that thing.
After reading the other posts in this thread, I'm starting to feel kinda old.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My dad used to tool around in a 80s baby blue Ford LTD station wagon. Yippe!! And my mom had a brown ford fairmont.( We used to call her car the brown tird!!

G

·
my parents from what i can remember of them. they had a little yellow vw bug, and all i remember were how many clowns that used to climb out of it every night.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts