Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, many of you are familiar with my issues regarding finding a playmate for Mr. Zack... well, everything happens for a reason, right?

So, didn't work out for a few reasons to go on the boat today. Talking to Manana-II, bumming bc of the weather and not boating and she mentions adopt a pet is at our gym today.. tell her hang on, I'll call her back from the cell bc I'm going to just go up there and check it out.

She just struck me from the second I saw her!! Orange and white fur, blue and gold eyes, sweet disposition... after months of hmming, hawing and checking out cats, I just knew. (PS she was featured on TV for the adopt a pet!!)

So, doing it the proper way and she is upstairs wing, Zack is downstairs, going to keep them separated for a week bf proper introductions...

Every time I go upstairs, she pokes her face from her hiding spot and comes and greets me with happiness... plays around me... had to get her used to sitting on my lap... because that was such an important part of new cat. Put Zack in a bedroom and let her roam the downstairs, she got a little frisky and was zipping around the room and leapt into a glass panel on my kitchen door; glass must be a new concept. Later, after the day drew to a close, and her playing petered out, she found her way to my lap on the couch and layed until I took her back up stairs... toooooo cute.

If only Zack would stop hissing at the scent!!!

Off to the sack, anybody else have to work at the crack of dawn on a sunday?? <_<

night.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Another good thing to do is give then each something to lay on like a blanket. Then after a day or two switch them. Zack will be able to get used to the scent quicker.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
He's cute!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Congrats, Pauligan!!! She is sooo feminine looking, what a sweetie. Enjoy her!

Is she a long hair? Kinda looks like it in the pic.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sarah, you know I LOVED your cat when I first saw him; always drawn to longer hair and orange... and when I saw her I instantly thought of how cute yours was as an adult... and the cool personality... so, in a way it contributed to the addition to the fam.

Three crabs, she does have longer hair!

Feeling bad she's at home unattended..

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
She's going to be beautiful with all that long, orange fur!

Don't worry, when you get home, she's gonna be all over ya, just purrin' away!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Kylie is such a cute frisky little kittie Pauline ~ you picked a good one.

That pic of Zack cracks me up - you can tell he is pi$$ed off!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Your Kylie is orange!
She's such a vivid color, wow! Very beautiful...

Your Zack-man is cracking me up......total look of p1$$ed off! He's a beauty, too.....man, that long silky fur.....

Was she okay when you got home?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick update:

Put them "face to face" yesterday to the chagrin of the elder cat. Sounds I've never before heard popped out of his body...

She: oblivious to the hatred, wanted to chase and pounce on him

He: gives her "the PAW"

She sleeps with me, he gets the downstairs.

This morning I'm be bopping around bc I'll be getting up earlier now with her morning meow demands... hear Zack in the other room sounding very nice. Walk out to see them actually chasing each other and playing!!!

Her: sideways arched weary of him

Him: tentativley trying something new

Before I left he began to seriously get irritated with her again... left them to their own devices. Hope she's alive when I return!!

PS Thanks for the advice Mrs. P-29!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That's just the way you gotta do it. Let them be on their own together.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 29 2003, 07:30 PM)Zack currently sitting outside on his leash staring at the window "kylie" and I are in with open hostility:
Zack appears to be welcoming Kylie with open arms. LOL

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Pauligan....I am so happy that they are getting along so well. Zack will get annoyed with her for a long time to come but it sounds like they love each other. I bet it is easier to bring a female kitten in with a male adult because you know males, they need to "think" that they have the upper hand!! ha,ha. Congrats again.

G

·
well i'm glad too see zack is geeting aquainted with your new house mate.

you'll now they're getting along when you come home & have to put the house back the way it was when you left!
you will know they get along when they eat outta the same bowl together.

have fun with the new kid, dont forget to get some picts along the way.

enjoy
keith

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats on the new kitten, their such a blast. I just got a new kitten too, aks Milord, he knows the high insanity levels of my new kitten. Bapped him on the nose too. OUCH

My other cat is 3 yrs old, and has no esire to be touched, he's a real a$$ho.. that you cant even pick up, he just squirms until you let him go, then he wont be more than 2 feet from you at any time, just dont pet him... It's really depressing. So I got a kitten to keep him company, but unlike you I brought the kitten home and let them go at it. My cat freaked out and ran and the kitten just thought of the big cat as a giant fuzzy grey play toy. It's been about 2 months now, and they still spend all night, every night rolling around attacking each other, but its good for hours of entertainment at any time. The kitten is a total ham, loves to be pet, and purrs all the time, I'm glad I got it, but the big cat hasn't changed his bad attitude, but at least now he has the kitten to keep him company all day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts