Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Zodiac trip to the Moot

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ThreeCrabs 
#1 ·
I was gonna post this in the Lake Discussion thread but figured I'd get a better response here.

Saturday we're thinking of taking our zodiac from the Colony Tower in Algonac over to Muskamoot to see you nutty peeps. I thought I saw Hammer post before about making a similar trip on his inflatable from NCYC (which is very close to where we're starting from). ANyone have any advice, suggestions, etc. We're thinking of taking the North Channel to the Sny into Fisher Bay, across Fisher to the Middle Channel, across the Middle into Muskamoot.

Will I have enough gas to get there and back or do I need to make a trip to Walker's before returning?

Any spots to stay away from? I only need inches of water (whatever an inflatable needs) so I'm not too worried about the prop. Obviously not worried about getting stuck!

How much beer will I need for the trip (i.e. how long will it take)?

Are any of you gonna be out there Saturday? (i.e. is it gonna be worth the trip for us)?

Much appreciation for your help!

See less See more
#4 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 11:36 AM)I suggest taking the regular boat and inviting along some of your favorite peeps.

I've tried that but they're all always to busy with other stuff

We want to try something different this weekend. I want to get back into the places I can't with the big boat.

#5 ·
I've done the trip dozens of times. You have to look for the cut from fisher bay to fisher cut then middle channel. I go by Joe's Island instead of idling by the cottages on fisher cut. You can floor it most of the way. It is very shallow and you should know the area. If you idle by the cottages form fisher to the middle channel you'll be fine. From browns cut under the bridge, go through the cut, and when you pass the lone cottage at the end STAY TO THE LEFT OF THE WEEDS. If you go to the right, you'll hit bottom. Trust me.
From there you should be fine. I did the trip twice from NCYC on 1/2 tank of gas with a 15hp Merc.

#6 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 1 2003, 12:25 PM)I've done the trip dozens of times. You have to look for the cut from fisher bay to fisher cut then middle channel. I go by Joe's Island instead of idling by the cottages on fisher cut. You can floor it most of the way. It is very shallow and you should know the area. If you idle by the cottages form fisher to the middle channel you'll be fine. From browns cut under the bridge, go through the cut, and when you pass the lone cottage at the end STAY TO THE LEFT OF THE WEEDS. If you go to the right, you'll hit bottom. Trust me.
From there you should be fine. I did the trip twice from NCYC on 1/2 tank of gas with a 15hp Merc.
Cool. Thanks Hammer. I know the area by chart and by going around the areas through the channels only. I'll play it safe, we're in no hurry. I'll follow your directions to get there.

#8 ·
It's all good. I have the green covered chartbook of the area and have kinda plotted out a course. It follows just about what you said, so it should be pretty good to go by. I'll have a handheld with me, though I won't know where I'm at
"Hey LSCN peeps, I'm stuck in the weeds somwhere near Harsen's Island". Should narrow it down for some folks to come find me!

#9 ·
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 12:02 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 11:36 AM) I suggest taking the regular boat and inviting along some of your favorite peeps.

Not THIS weekend.

#10 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 12:56 PM)QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 12:02 PM) QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 11:36 AM) I suggest taking the regular boat and inviting along some of your favorite peeps.

Not THIS weekend.

We can talk more at the BBQ on Thursday. Not sure what our plans are gonna be. We'll work out something for a day within the next few weeks if not this weekend.

#11 ·
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 12:58 PM)We can talk more at the BBQ on Thursday. Not sure what our plans are gonna be. We'll work out something for a day within the next few weeks if not this weekend.

#12 ·
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 11:21 AM)How much beer will I need for the trip (i.e. how long will it take)?

Are any of you gonna be out there Saturday? (i.e. is it gonna be worth the trip for us)?
How much BEER???
What kind of a question is that? I prefer juice boxes myself, you alcoholic! Don't worry....Walker's is near by, and of course you can hit Brown's for a cold one, too!

I'll be out there, somewhere.........You do know what I look like, right??

#13 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 1 2003, 04:11 PM)QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 11:21 AM) How much beer will I need for the trip (i.e. how long will it take)?

How much BEER???
What kind of a question is that? I prefer juice boxes myself, you alcoholic! Don't worry....Walker's is near by, and of course you can hit Brown's for a cold one, too!

I'll be out there, somewhere.........You do know what I look like, right??

HEY! They say to keep hydrated when out in the sun. Besides, that's a LONG ride to do dry! For pete's sake woman, you know better!

And I have NO idea what you like, it's been so long! We'll look for ya. You gonna be there Sunday too, in case Saturday is a rain out or something?

Juice boxes indeed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.