Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me how to contact Z-man (via instant message if you prefer). I have a question regarding his playlist on the lake yesterday (the techno stuff before Prince crapped out). He had some tunes I've been trying to track down forever.

Either that or if one of you know the playlist please share.

Gerb.

·
Registered
166 Posts
that CD was KezzerOne's he gave it to Zman to play.....Kezzer has every techno song I think there is. I have several of his Cd's

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yo.... That was my CD. Apparently it had a few gouges on it and started skippin bad <_<

Contact me via AIM at KezzerOne.

I'd be happy to tell you the name and artists of those songs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Kezzer,

I sent you a message via this board before I saw your response. Sorry if you wanted me to use the other messenger.

I appreciate the help.

Gerb

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(KezzerOne @ Aug 16 2004, 03:24 PM)Yo.... That was my CD. Apparently it had a few gouges on it and started skippin bad

Contact me via AIM at KezzerOne.

I'd be happy to tell you the name and artists of those songs.
If you have a list, I would be interested also

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The one with "Touch me" (You'll always be my baby), Sandstorm, and Castles in the Sky was mine. I can burn you one if you liked that one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I need to find the cd of Z's that has that Motorcycle intro to it. that is a hard core song......anyone know that one

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Aug 16 2004, 03:43 PM)The one with "Touch me" (You'll always be my baby), Sandstorm, and Castles in the Sky was mine. I can burn you one if you liked that one.
Could you burn me a copy?

·
Registered
166 Posts
ask kezzer if you want cd's he has some solid, solid music....he finds that sh*t everywhere

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Aug 16 2004, 03:52 PM)QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Aug 16 2004, 03:43 PM) The one with "Touch me" (You'll always be my baby), Sandstorm, and Castles in the Sky was mine. I can burn you one if you liked that one.
Could you burn me a copy?

No problem. I'll have it with me next weekend.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since we are on the topic...

Does anyone know a guy with an older greyish boat that is named "E" something (sorry about being so vauge).

He has a hell of a bumpin system in his boat. I talked to him a few weekends ago during the raft briefly. Just wanting to carry on with the conversation.

I have my vehicle hooked up with a decent sound system and I'm looking to do my boat over the winter. Just looking for some pointers or ideas.

For instance, is it possible to run a 2.4KW bank of amplifiers off 2 optima yellow top deep cycles for any reasonable length of time? I'm used to having a high output alternator to depend on, not battery power alone.

Gerb. <_<

·
Registered
380 Posts
From all my knowledge of systems the amount of time you can get from a battery (or 2) depends on the amount of wattage you are drawing consistantly.

What are you going to be powering? In my car I installed 2 12'' MTX subs that draw a peak of 800 watts a piece, on average the probably only draw about 300 a peice at most. I only power them with a 760 watt amp. If I don't have my car running, my battery will be dead in about an hour if they are at a decent volume.

So in answer to your question, I don't think you can run a system very long without having some sort of charge put on the batteries. If not constanstly, intermittently (sp?).

I however am not an expert on sound systems.....

Also... is that the playlist you were looking for???

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kezzer,

Thanks a bunch for the playlist. You had a few tunes I liked (Dj Assault and Benni Benazzi). The others were probably Jaggers.

I like techno and house that has a harder edge. That and break beat stuff (crystal method, chemical brothers, Warp Brothers, etc..)

Not too much into the synth heavy trance and dance remixes. Some of them rock but most are so so to me.

I hear you have a lot of stuff. Any recommendations?

As far as the sound system.

I've done some calculating. I can get a maximum of 3 hours out of my battery bank running the system full tilt. That's pretty good. However, I could easily end up with dead batteries.

The key question is. How do I recharge them? If I'm rafted at the moot all day I'll only run the boat for a max of 30 minutes getting back to dock.

1.) Could a typical boat alternator handle charging 3 batteries?

2.) Even so, a 30 minute recharge wouldn't even come close to charging them back to full capacity. How do people re-charge their auxilary batteries? A trickle charger?

Gerb.

·
Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE(BobbyLew22 @ Aug 16 2004, 03:48 PM)I need to find the cd of Z's that has that Motorcycle intro to it. that is a hard core song......anyone know that one
As a former record and head shop proprietor (man weren't the 70's great?) the song that comes to mind on this one would be:

Bad Motor Scooter by Montrose from 1973:

If you get lonely on your daddy's farm
Just remember I don't live too far.
And there's a red bridge that arcs the bay, yeah
You'll be at my place in less that a day.

So get on your bad motor scooter and ride
Up over to my place and stay all night.
First thing in the morning we'll be feeling all right
So get on your bad motor scooter and ride.

Ooh, the last I seen your face
I swore that no one would take your place.
Now since you've been gone I've been feelin' bad, yeah
I'd come out to your place (but)
I'm afraid of your dad. So you...

Ride, ride, ride.
Come on baby, ooh yeah.
Crank it on up!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Damn, I got that album,

Montrose

That song got me threw a few years,

I used to rock the He## out of Bad motor scooter, Is it safe to bring 11 and 13 year olds to the raft, I,m having some major flashbacks of some hard rocking Harly riding days, OK I feel better now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
GERB ONE OF THE CD'S YOU REFERED TO WITH THE MOTERCYCLE INTRO I LENT OUT ON SUNDAY. I WILL CALL TO SEE IF MY FRIEND GORDY WILL BURN YOU A COPY OF THIS CD.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Groovy,

Thanks man. Make sure Bobbylew22 gets a copy as well. He was also geeked on that mix.

Is there anything you're looking for?

Gerb.

·
Registered
166 Posts
gerber, thanks for throwing out that I wanted a copy, I was not on last night, and did not see that post by the Z man.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gerber.... Thats the problem that most boaters run into when they want to power high wattage sound systems on the water. Besides turning your boat on and letting it run for 30 min or so to charge the battery up, the only other alternative that I can think of would be to buy a small aux. generator.

Also, a normal alternator can handle charging 2 batteries, although it does put a strain on it. As for charging 3, I would recommend buying a heavy duty alternator. They are not hard to change, and they are not very expensive. (Should be under $200) And it could save you ALOT of problems in the future!

If you can, find out what the maximum output on your alternator is and go from there.

As for the music, I will look thru my songs and see what I can find.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts